salary in Australia

longi12

I've always been tempted by work abroad (and that side of the world) when I was a climber, I'll be honest and say it wasn't the size of the trees that put me off, but the creepy and bitey crawlies that lived within them:lol: Plus, the family would take a bit of persuading.

If I could "consult" over there that would be a whole different story and a massive learning curve, you never know, one day. I'll keep doing the researching but cheers for the info:thumbup:

Thanks for the advide. The crawlys dont bother me as such. But define big trees?? I undastand its a complete different ball game out there but I guess every trees different. Ive seen loadsa guys go out n do ok. Does anybody know of any good tree companies?

Hi

Just my thoughts, having lived in OZ for a few years, expense wise you will need to factor in:

A higher cost of living in general compared to the UK

Set up and up front costs, moving expenses for example, for a two bed house if you are moving complete from the UK expect to pay around 8-9kish

Medical insurance per month 200-400 dollars per month depending on numbers and level of cover required (no national health as such)

Pension should you be there for any length of time known as (Superannuation)

Accountancy for tax returns 400-600 dollars per year.

These points are just from my experience I am sure others will feel differently, good luck to you, hope you have a great experience, feel free to PM should you wish.

New Boy