balanced set up?

dannyT

Just recieved my new blaze rope. Along with this ive got some Lyros and sirrus friction cord in 8mm. Never climbed on cord with this diameter, and looking at it it seems mega thin. Is the sett up ive chose balanced/safe for use with the hitchclimber/VT sett up :001_smile:

Yeah its perfect mate! Does seem a bit thin if you've been used to a blakes or prussic,may take some gettin used to a HC too if you've never used one? Once you do though theres no goin back!!

Just dont decend too fast or you may end up with some friction burns haha

Is that 11mm Blaze Danny?

Does look freakishly 'oh My God it's going to snap and I'm going to die' with 8mm cord doesn't it? It's the nuts though.

One thing I found with the smaller rope was that my arms ached a bit 'cos there's not much to grip, especially in the wet using a VT (used to take a loop with the Blakes, harder when gripping above the hitch.)

Have a play and let us know how you get on.

Cheers for the reply lads thats what i wanted to here! (yeah it is 11mm blaze) Been working on a VT/hitchclimber for awhile so quite used to it, just not used to such fine diameter hitch.

Just tied up some of the lyros and it grips sweet as! the sett up looks streamlined and neat. Cant wait to give it a go at work tommoro. How many jobs are there where you cant wait to try somthing new at work!!! :001_smile:

Do be careful with using new rope and new hitch cord at the same time, the coatings on the ropes can make it super slick.

If possible try to use broken in hitch cord on a new rope, or if you have to use both new then use an extra wrap or so until its worn it a bit.

Other than that, 8mm cord tends to work very nicely with 11mm rope.