cs30/cs32 assessment tomorrow !!

superfurryanimal

The Assessor isn't there to catch you out so relax and talk him through what you are going to do on each fell, that way, you get things in a clear order in your mind, then just do it, easy!

You should also remember that your trainer/instructor wouldn't let you do the assessment if you weren't up to it, good luck.

The Assessor isn't there to catch you out so relax and talk him through what you are going to do on each fell, that way, you get things in a clear order in your mind, then just do it, easy!

You should also remember that your trainer/instructor wouldn't let you do the assessment if you weren't up to it, good luck.

cheers mate, do they ask every question in the assessment criteria in order or do they select a few at random ??

They generally go through it in order but they can also ask you to respond to a given task that you are carrying out eg You get a tree hung and can't get it down without a winch, What is the procedure to make the work zone safe and who needs to be informed etc

They generally will tease the answers out, you will know them if you have read your workbook.

Don't worry too much I did mine a few months back and I was done pretty quick.. Just rember when you get a tree hung up don't walk behind the butt, don't walk about without putting the chain brake on etc... It's silly things but don't over think... One of the chaps I did it with did all of the above due too nerves but the assessor could see he was competent as when he did the above he asked him what are you doing wrong and he responded... Don't worry about being perfect just be confident in your ability

Don't worry too much I did mine a few months back and I was done pretty quick.. Just rember when you get a tree hung up don't walk behind the butt, don't walk about without putting the chain brake on etc... It's silly things but don't over think... One of the chaps I did it with did all of the above due too nerves but the assessor could see he was competent as when he did the above he asked him what are you doing wrong and he responded... Don't worry about being perfect just be confident in your ability

cheers mate i'm pretty confident but this is my first test I've done since my driving licence and that was many moons ago !!!!! :biggrin: