Kindling machines

elfinwood saws

My accountant advises me that this year we can claim 100% of the cost of a machine against tax in year one as opposed to the more usual 25%. So that reduces your profit by the amount you spend on the machine, therefore less tax to pay. It seems the govt are trying to persuade companies to invest in capital equipment.

As I understand it if your pre tax profit is say 30k you will pay tax on that, if you invest that 30k into a machine your profits are therefore nil so no tax, perhaps I am not understanding it correctly. In effect you are saving about 7k.

A

I think you have it spot on. I seem to meet alot of people who owe 6k to the tax man and think buying processor for 6k will get rid of the tax bill.

I think commercial vehicles could be on the same deal but not cars.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I,m going to be buying a new kindling machine in the next couple of weeks, I,m thinking of buy a Posch machine as the Posch processor we have has been faultless over the last 4 years, so lets hear the pro's and con's of any of the kindling machines available. cheers Mark.

Hi don t know much about the posch but probably well made does it only do kindling? I went for fuelwood splitta does 6" 8" or 10" kindlig or logs and with 14 ton ram will do knotty stuff as well but it is not as nice as clean timber but it is like everything else the better you put in the better you get out.

Hope this is helpfull Big Chris.

Hi thanks for all the input, from your comments it would seem that they are all good machines and it's down to personal preference, i'm leaning towards the Posch as we already have a firewood processor made by them and it has been faultless in the 4 years we have run it and really good build quality. It's a couple of weeks till i spend the money so things may change depending on deals offered. cheers Mark.

I dont know much about the posch. But we have run a kindlet since 2009 and put about 70,000 bags through it. Nothing has worn out or broken and feels like the sort of the machine that gets handed down to the grand children rather than a cheap processor which is a 10 year consumable. The thing that sold the kindlet to me was the open grilled lid you can see trouble brewing and get in there quick and flick it out before it creates handfulls of mess. This means you have half a chance with slightly knotty wood. We tend to flick out any thing with a knot over 1/2" as it looks cack in the net. Our market in this part of the world is neater the better no market for random stuffed scruffy bags in the London commuter belt you know :001_rolleyes: