Stihl MS661 re-release

Windthrown

I bought a 660 (30"bar) earlier this year and I have to say it really is the dogs doodas! Just munches its way through anything you throw at it... wanting more. I made sure I got one before they went out of production as they have been tried and tested. I'm sure the 661 will also be a good saw but it's not been field tested like the 660 so, even though there might be less vibrations etc I, personally, have chosen to spend my hard earned money on a "battle hardened wood monster" haha.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Arbtalk mobile app

1401004245208.jpg.ffaba947b7d236fdc62f3b551dc1d84e.jpg

1401004194204.jpg.637fb68fefb357d589ab5aa4663132ee.jpg

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought a 660 (30"bar) earlier this year and I have to say it really is the dogs doodas! Just munches its way through anything you throw at it... wanting more. I made sure I got one before they went out of production as they have been tried and tested. I'm sure the 661 will also be a good saw but it's not been field tested like the 660 so, even though there might be less vibrations etc I, personally, have chosen to spend my hard earned money on a "battle hardened wood monster" haha.

Bought from gammies are you mad? Better hope it doesn't break.

Haha... yeah and it took them 4 months to get it to me!!! In my wisdom I thought id order local in case it did break down but after waiting a month I really wanted to cancel and reorder from chainsaw bob in Huntly instead... a comitment is a comitment though so I bit the bullet and waited. So far so good so keeping fingers crossed. Ain't using gammies again though.

Haha... yeah and it took them 4 months to get it to me!!! In my wisdom I thought id order local in case it did break down but after waiting a month I really wanted to cancel and reorder from chainsaw bob in Huntly instead... a comitment is a comitment though so I bit the bullet and waited. So far so good so keeping fingers crossed. Ain't using gammies again though.

HI STU how old is the 660 as at the start of the year there was not many around that may be why you had to wait thanks jon :thumbup:

Hi Jon, yeah I ordered it in Dec 13 and received it April 14. Its dated Feb 14 and yes your quite right, I knew id have to wait a while... just didn't expect to wait quite so long. :-)

Hi Jon, yeah I ordered it in Dec 13 and received it April 14. Its dated Feb 14 and yes your quite right, I knew id have to wait a while... just didn't expect to wait quite so long. :-)

HI STU i had order the 661 back oct/nov last year it come to dealers then i was told on here that stihl stop making them :lol:so got me thinking im getting a 660 warm handle one but we all new there was very long waiting time BUT THERE VERY GOOD SAWS MINES ON A 25"BAR TOO thanks jon :thumbup:

Hi Jon, yeah I wish id remembered to ask for heated handles... im sure it'll be fine without them. Ive used plenty 660's before and they always give me an ear to ear grin when they go "like a hot knife through butter" :-D It's gotta be my favourite saw! Mine is on a 30"bar, never tried it on a 25" but id imagine it would zip through anything you threw at it!!! :-)

Hi Jon, yeah I wish id remembered to ask for heated handles... im sure it'll be fine without them. Ive used plenty 660's before and they always give me an ear to ear grin when they go "like a hot knife through butter" :-D It's gotta be my favourite saw! Mine is on a 30"bar, never tried it on a 25" but id imagine it would zip through anything you threw at it!!! :-)

HI STU yes it a very good saw before they stop doing them i will order one and then get 2014 one ported thanks jon :thumbup:

Angus chainsaws. Get all my business

Hi Jon, I hear alot about porting the saws on here and it does make me wonder just how much difference it makes to them? Is it good for them or do parts wear out quicker etc? Guess that's questions for another thread... I thought to myself that I would have to make a point of getting a 660 before they stopped making them seeing that they have been tried and tested and im glad I did, however by the time im looking to replace the 660 with a 661 (or whatever it will be called by then) it'll have had all its little niggles ironed out and will have gained the reputation that it should deserve by then, so there should be no probs with all that tech they put in saws nowadays :-)