12v tyre inflator?

Gerbutt

Hi

Does anyone use one to pump their van tyres up? What I'm wondering is whether it's possible to get the normal flip lock valve bit on a transit rear double wheel?

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

Does anyone use one to pump their van tyres up? What I'm wondering is whether it's possible to get the normal flip lock valve bit on a transit rear double wheel?

Torture but possible if you have tiny hands and an endoscope.

I used my 12V charger on a soft tyre last week. I went in for a cuppa, came out 10 minutes later and the tyre was sort of pumped up. But the current it drew from the battery and the bit of resistance in the fag lighter socket from dirt caused the plug to melt, it folded when i PULLED IT OUT, LIKE A BIT OF THIN CHOCOLATE ON A SUNNY DAY. iT IS NOW UNUSEABLE. Transit tyres are very hard work for these wee pumps. They are just about OK for car tyres to 25psi, but Transit 3.5T to 60 psi, basically they'll never get there.

Torture but possible if you have tiny hands and an endoscope.

I used my 12V charger on a soft tyre last week. I went in for a cuppa, came out 10 minutes later and the tyre was sort of pumped up. But the current it drew from the battery and the bit of resistance in the fag lighter socket from dirt caused the plug to melt, it folded when i PULLED IT OUT, LIKE A BIT OF THIN CHOCOLATE ON A SUNNY DAY. iT IS NOW UNUSEABLE. Transit tyres are very hard work for these wee pumps. They are just about OK for car tyres to 25psi, but Transit 3.5T to 60 psi, basically they'll never get there.

HI MATE the one will get 60psi easy T MAX PUMP RUNS OFF MY BATTERY BUT CHEAP ONES LIKE YOU SAID ARE NO GOOD THANKS JON :thumbup:

Cheers, which one did you have? I used a lads on my car and it blew the tyre up from 19 to 35psi in under a minute, was well impressed by it! However good it was though, access will still be the prob in the tranny won't it!? Would you suggest one of the machine mart compressors? I see they have one for about £100, and I suppose it can be used for other things too!

HI MATE the one will get 60psi easy T MAX PUMP RUNS OFF MY BATTERY BUT CHEAP ONES LIKE YOU SAID ARE NO GOOD THANKS JON :thumbup:

Cheers Jon, I'll have a look at that one. The one my friend had was the halfords advanced, could run on mains or 12v, did seem very good!

Father bought one a while back, for his 'get a small continent inside with room to spare' car. Topped up the first two tyres no problem. Then wondered, what happens if some twerp let's a tyre down to nearly flat. So he deflated a tyre and started from scratch, it was a warm day but the pump was in the shade. The pump made it to about 3/4 inflated, then went quiet. On investigation, he discovered the pump had got so hot, it had fused its casing to the tarmac drive and given up the ghost. From opening the box to dead = just over one hour.

Cheers, which one did you have? I used a lads on my car and it blew the tyre up from 19 to 35psi in under a minute, was well impressed by it! However good it was though, access will still be the prob in the tranny won't it!? Would you suggest one of the machine mart compressors? I see they have one for about £100, and I suppose it can be used for other things too!

HI MATE look at paddocks land rovers they have them 150lt per min my one only £80 it been good for years thanks or the T MAX get the 150lt min one thanks jon :thumbup:

Cheers Jon, I'll have a look at that one. The one my friend had was the halfords advanced, could run on mains or 12v, did seem very good!

HI MATE no theres some in land rover mags some are £200 plus but you do not need this thanks jon :thumbup:

I've got one of them small boost starter packs in the van, lost count of the times it's come in handy. Didn't stop me getting a flat on the inside twin last week when loaded. It did make me want to modify the valves with an extension kit, there's loads on eBay cheap.

Like this?

http://bit.ly/1jVTVQs