Stolen Husqvarnas - Sussex Kent border

Hornbeam

I've always found this site interesting but never though I'd neet to use it!

My two faithful Husqvarna chain saws and a Stihl FS55 strimmer were stolen a couple of days ago. There has been a spate on the Kent/Sussex borders recently of fully 'professional thefts' (bolt-cutter/cable-cutter jobs and only taking all the very best quality stuff). B*****s

So, if anyone comes across these please let me and Sussex Police know:

Husqvarna 261 (I think!) late 1970s s/n 15879 - tatty but perfect working order, rivetted aluminium repair plate to head cover; it gave us 30 years good service!

Husqvarna 288XP pre-half compression valve model, late 1980s, s/n 9440191 in immaculate condition, 'Tyler of Blackboys' label.

Now the quandry! Do I replace them with a Husqvarna or Stihl and fret over them disappearing, or get some cheap rubbish! The insurers are offering me like for like or cash.

I'm looking for a 'workhorse' around 60-70cc no need for fancy electronics; I very much suspect Husqvarnas are not made like they use to be. A Stihl MS 391 looks good... any thoughts and recommendations?

A letter has been sent to my MP.....

Husqvarna 365 x-torque. Trusted simple design, a bit old school but not too outdated.

Can be converted into a 372 x-torque very easily (google it) no parts needed.

By far the most "bang for your buck" as the colonials say.

Had a quick check and it's the same sort of money as the Stihl 391 (within £20) but will eat the Stihl easily in 365 guise and leave it miles behind after conversion.

Edited by Daniël Bos

I'm tempted by a 2nd hand machine but the good old dealers of yesteryear around Kent/Sussex borders have all but diasappeared - any recommended dealers who handle 2nd hand?

And how many 2nd hand, sold privately, are stolen?!

Local woodsmen I trust are recommending the Husky 555.

I'm tempted by a 2nd hand machine but the good old dealers of yesteryear around Kent/Sussex borders have all but diasappeared - any recommended dealers who handle 2nd hand?

And how many 2nd hand, sold privately, are stolen?!

Local woodsmen I trust are recommending the Husky 555.

Not tried a 555 but do have a 560 ( 2011 saw ) After initial teething probs back then it has been a stonker . Best 60cc saw I ever owned .