Husqvarna 346xp

Chris3King

Ah right thanks. Anyone on here got any videos of a standard saw vs a ported?

Also what is a 346 worth now? May have found an unused one for sale but not sure on what to offer. I remember when I last bought one it was £440

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also what is a 346 worth now? May have found an unused one for sale but not sure on what to offer. I remember when I last bought one it was £440

Spud has a vid in his porting thread of one of his saws . Not a 346 but a 357 which he ported and fitted a pop up piston . pretty rapid saw ....:biggrin:

1 on ebay sitting at £397!!! Spud has my 346 just now for porting work:thumbup:

No advantage that I can see, heavier chain just causes more drag....325 will perform better everytime. The aforementioned reason would be the only valid reason for switching IMO

3/8 has a bigger cutter obviously so in theory it cuts faster as it takes more wood out in one stroke.

Some saws cope well with a 3/8 some don't, it's personal preference really. If you stick a 3/8 chain and sprocket on a ms026 it'll probably bog down unless you mainly fell soft woods then it might work well but stick the chain and sprocket on a 560 and it'll cut brilliantly in all types of wood

Isit possible to buy all parts for a 346 and build from scratch?

Possible but economical ? I once priced up all the parts from a dealer to build a Honda fire blade and it cost about 5 times as much as walking into the show room and buying one already put together .......

Yeah I know what your saying. Any dealers on here that might know?

Can't buy one from a show room anymore is the problem.

There is an unused 2012 model on the bay right now . No bids , 13 hrs to go . Opening at £476 . Make them an offer ? I don't know how to post a link but it is item # 161275507468 . Nothing to do with me by the way !