Welcome new members

Steve Bullman

Tbh I think I could be very tempted with second hand but the Mrs likes the new with guarantee & not abused buy others 👍

I've been reading more on here & was wondering is the husky 435 worth the extra over the 135? £280 instead of £185 yet doesn't seem much different on specks

Honestly ive never used huskys but thats not too say im against them in any way.Saws are personal preference of the individual,different strokes for different folks and all that.

Purley in financial terms the guts of 100 quid seems a lot for little difference in spec to me,as i say im no expert just wouldnt recommend the 171 or 181 to anyone.

Sorry ive got too ask why has the mrs got a say?

The minute i say chainsaw my better half rolls her eyes and switches off...which sometimes is a good thing!

Honestly ive never used huskys but thats not too say im against them in any way.Saws are personal preference of the individual,different strokes for different folks and all that.

Purley in financial terms the guts of 100 quid seems a lot for little difference in spec to me,as i say im no expert just wouldnt recommend the 171 or 181 to anyone.

Sorry ive got too ask why has the mrs got a say?

The minute i say chainsaw my better half rolls her eyes and switches off...which sometimes is a good thing!

The only reason the Mrs has a say is because I like my man parts & ive been on a bit of a spending spree the last couple of months :(

I was starting to think the stihl/husky debate is a lot like canon/Nikon when it comes to dslr camera.

My tight Yorkshireman side still says to buy which ever stihl/husky my local machinery guy is selling at the £200mark.

Who knew buying a chainsaw would be so difficult

The only reason the Mrs has a say is because I like my man parts & ive been on a bit of a spending spree the last couple of months :(

I was starting to think the stihl/husky debate is a lot like canon/Nikon when it comes to dslr camera.

My tight Yorkshireman side still says to buy which ever stihl/husky my local machinery guy is selling at the £200mark.

Who knew buying a chainsaw would be so difficult

Being a tight arsed scotsman myself i totally understand your tight yorkshireman-ness ha!

As for the husky/stihl debate that will trundle on forever,along with a the dolmar/echo debate aswell!

Your absoloutly right-buying a chainsaw-especially your 1st decent saw is a bloody nightmare-especially when everyone has a well meaning but different opinion on the subject.

My bottom line advice is get mid range saw-power wise-for an affordable price.Everything else will follow in time,preference wise anyway.

As for your Mrs-your right-keep her happy....and keep your tackle where its supposed to be!

Being a tight arsed scotsman myself i totally understand your tight yorkshireman-ness ha!

As for the husky/stihl debate that will trundle on forever,along with a the dolmar/echo debate aswell!

Your absoloutly right-buying a chainsaw-especially your 1st decent saw is a bloody nightmare-especially when everyone has a well meaning but different opinion on the subject.

My bottom line advice is get mid range saw-power wise-for an affordable price.Everything else will follow in time,preference wise anyway.

As for your Mrs-your right-keep her happy....and keep your tackle where its supposed to be!

It's my 1st proper saw, the aldi one served me well but I can't get parts so I'm left with no option but to spend, local guy only seems interesting in pushing the miltox so I will more than likely buy online.

I think I'm leaning more towards the husky due to the bigger engine but who knows 😂😂

It's my 1st proper saw, the aldi one served me well but I can't get parts so I'm left with no option but to spend, local guy only seems interesting in pushing the miltox so I will more than likely buy online.

I think I'm leaning more towards the husky due to the bigger engine but who knows 😂😂[/quote

If your undecided on which saw trundle through some of the threads in the chainsaw section,it might bring something up for you that could help u decide,either way goodluck mate and welcome to arbtalk

I think I'm leaning more towards the husky due to the bigger engine but who knows 😂😂[/quote

If your undecided on which saw trundle through some of the threads in the chainsaw section,it might bring something up for you that could help u decide,either way goodluck mate and welcome to arbtalk

Thanks for the help 👍

I did message a guy on here about the dolmar420 but it's more than I want to spend but I've also woke up to a message from a friend on Facebook who has an old husky I can have for less than £100 so I'm going to have a look what modle it is and go from there.

Thanks for the help 👍

I did message a guy on here about the dolmar420 but it's more than I want to spend but I've also woke up to a message from a friend on Facebook who has an old husky I can have for less than £100 so I'm going to have a look what modle it is and go from there.

That husky sounds like it could be a good deal. If it was me, i would stick with husky or stihl. Lot of people raving about mitox, so mate bought mitox topper and it fell apart in no time. Also i find husky and stihl ergonomics are so much better. Good luck

• 4 weeks later...

Very new here just popping in to say hi and hopefully learn much since I'm not a professional and not really even a hobbiest since that require doing something... I would say that I'm currently very enthusiastic and all the more eager to learn as much as my brain will allow...

Max