Trespassing, criminal damage?

Daniël Bos

I wouldn't jump to what the neighbour says, funny how the neighbour tells you this just as you are near completion of the job eh? And as the neighbour is so bitter it is a safe bet that if his / her facts were true then he / she would have reported you and your customer to the council and whoever else it would concern. Also, how is it the neighbour is such a land ownership expert? How can he / she prove or even know who owns where / what? Take it with a pinch of salt, if it was fact, your customer would have been served notice long ago, and that is a fact.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

It was fact...

The neighbour was right, I was working on council land.

I think however the fact that what I was doing on that council land was seen as such an improvement that it was actively decided to not take any action at all.

The posh 130 I'd seen driving past most days belongs to the council and is used by their environmental officer...

I finished, got paid, and found out some more.

The land I was working on/beside is owned by a local farmer business magnate.

I was working after his son had asked me to do so.

The father and a son in law had meanwhile decided to apply for PA for a large green waste and wood recycling site on that land (outgrown current premises) which caused locals to protest loudly and angrily and is what brought on the neighbours irateness.

A serious No-campaign is ongoing. (NIMBY reaction, the site is ideal)

The man is not generally liked a lot locally, both through envy and the fact he's not that friendly.

The son I was working for had not been informed as he's a council member and such info would have caused him a conflict of interest.

Anyway, only two things matter now: job finished, invoice paid.