Tree Segmentation

David Humphries

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The winner got to ring it up?!
ring it up, like push it back up? No, most bettors went back to other work after it was pulled 0ver (took 4,000#+ of pull). I hung around and moved brush while the top was cut up, and noticed the trunk raising upward on its own.

When all the top was off, I gave it some help with me polesaw. Cassian leaned in when at~80 degrees, and we got it to ~85. The response growth along those segments over the years should be quite interesting.

A lot of bettors pinned $1USD under their tags, but a lot missed the memo, so it wasn't a big payday.

?............Any thought of that on the long stub, or is traffic quite low? From the looks of it, the branch is extremely unlikely to fail, but I wonder if perceived risk might be a factor.

Relatively low foot traffic, and reduced to an extent that it will likely crumble away slowly with its white rotting recyclers at work.

re segmentation, pull testing can give a glimpse into how that can work. See how this maple comes apart; and joins back together?

saw this documentation once before and admired the logistics of getting a bunch of people together to talk and look at things like this.

Perhaps I could talk to the good burghers of burnham to let us have a go at severing a few segmented vascular tracks to record how quickly the associated sections demise

All in the name of science of course :biggrin:

IMG_0602.jpg.d600a50d16c66b1e9b3b6099df52c7e2.jpg

IMG_0603.jpg.b812ff2e1d44fb8a9c78c834c0e3577d.jpg

IMG_0600.jpg.3bebb4177f5e7ec546b1bfaf425bdd26.jpg

IMG_0599.jpg.888523975f31458a314c6404d97b21a0.jpg

saw this documentation once before and admired the logistics of getting a bunch of people together to talk and look at things like this.

Perhaps I could talk to the good burghers of burnham to let us have a go at severing a few segmented vascular tracks to record how quickly the associated sections demise

All in the name of science of course :biggrin:

not even in jest!

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...