Looking for second hand chainsaw

ntrim

Been climbing for a couple of months and just starting to get my own and obviously where im just starting I cant afford alot so looking for a decent top handle at a reasonable price. Would prefer a stihl, like a ms200. But open to suggestion. Any help would be good

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Arbtalk mobile app

Just a suggestion but the little echo is well worth the money and yes it may be small but you'd be surprised what it'll do. Being fairly new you probs won't be tackling anything large for a while. Had mine over a year now and never wanted for a bigger topper, if the echo won't do it then the 550xp comes up with me

Been climbing for a couple of months and just starting to get my own and obviously where im just starting I cant afford alot so looking for a decent top handle at a reasonable price. Would prefer a stihl, like a ms200. But open to suggestion. Any help would be good

Check out all the posts on top handle/climbing saws . My advice , for what its worth would be to try and source/afford a second hand ms200t and send it to spud if there are any niggles . Avoid a 201 . Things can be done to improve the 201 but why struggle up hill . Echo , Shindawa do make good saws . When you have got enough dosh squirreled away get your self a T540 ......:001_smile:

Just a suggestion but the little echo is well worth the money and yes it may be small but you'd be surprised what it'll do. Being fairly new you probs won't be tackling anything large for a while. Had mine over a year now and never wanted for a bigger topper, if the echo won't do it then the 550xp comes up with me

Well ive been using a saw up a tree since like novemeber time and done some fairly big trees with a ms200. Ive also used a ms201 but prefer the 200. Also I already have a echo top handle for my own work. And I just find it abit gutless and its abit old so was thinking of just using it as a back up saw. If you get what I mean. Or would you just suggest giving it a good service and seeing how it runs?