Oregon Power Sharp

A Pettersen-Firewood&Chip

have a look at the precision grinder from chainsawbars

Thank you Gnome :thumbup: I will be buying one. They do really good videos as well to demonstrate the products :thumbup1:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aT5shPjj-i8]chainsawbars.co.uk - Granberg 12volt precision ginder - G1012XT - YouTube[/ame]

Thank you Hegdesparrow, I think I will try the granberg as it should do the trick both in the workshop and on site. :001_smile:

Thanks for the help guys, me hand sharpening all these chains are over :lol:

i tried one of these out for a while.

cuts terrible i found, best way to describe it was scratching at a branch more than cutting it.

if you use a saw daily forget it.

ok for joe public who uses it once or twice a year and digs dirt and stones etc with it.

mine got hung on the wall for 6 mths before being chucked in the bin.

for me it was a waste of money.

Totally agree-wasted good £££ and should have got a new normal bar n chain-waste of-dont bother.

I know someone for whom the idea of chain sharpening, is something to be done rarely and really badly. Even after the latest attempt at sharpening, the saw still rubbed away at the wood. The fact that the rakers are hardly ever filed doesn't help. This person has had formal training but still fails to sharpen at every attempt.

I glanced over the other day and wondered if this time it would be done right. 30mins. later I observed the saw rubbing its way through another branch. Some while later, the 'frustrated cutter' gave up and went back to dragging brash. There have been offers to sharpen the chain but really there's little point, as next time they touch up the chain, in all likelihood it will be blunted yet again.

I often wonder why this person doesn't have a go with the 'PowerSharp' system. Ok it might not cut as fast as a normal sharp chain. But it couldn't be nearly as poor as the present chain and the ineptitude of its owner.

I went to school with some people, who after years in metalwork/woodwork, could still not file in a straight line or chisel along a marked line. For some people, working with their mind is the best they can do; for some, working with their hands comes naturally; for some, the two can be easily combined. But for others, sheer enthusiasm gets them through life. The 'frustrated cutter' falls into the latter category; just a pity enthusiasm doesn't get the saw through the wood any quicker but perhaps the 'PowerSharp' system would.

Edited by TGB