Woodland Injury First Aid Kit

rendle555

I'd like to find out more about arbaid; the arb aid website is geing developed at the moment so not sure what's available? Arb Aid

FR Jones has some basic stuff on their site here, including emergency blood clotting: First aid, safety & knives | F R Jones and Son

Hi SteveA,

Please send over an email to [email protected] for further info about our kits and industry specific training for tree workers.(Apologies for the website holding page at the moment and not being able to access the info you require, will be back up and running soon with a great new site)

To answers some comments about first aid kits for arborists/foresters-

Problem with buying your own case and filling it with any old products is, firstly you'll need to but from different suppliers so additional postage costs for each purchase. Testing each product is also recommended in this instance, so another additional cost if you are going to do it right.

The contents will not be laid out in any kind of order like Arb Aid's is, this will make the difference when an incident happens and you can't find what your looking for, time will be of the essence.

There is nothing in Arb Aid's kit that you wouldn't want/need, it has been developed by myself, 16 years in Arb so plenty of experience about what's needed, including many things which cannot be bought of the shelf as we have developed them specifically for arborist injuries - i.e. Finger bandage that actually works for nightmare silky cuts :)

We developed a txt refill service so your never out of stock, just send a txt and product code and you will get it sent out straight away, invoiced at the end of the month. All the products are listed on the back of the accident book within the kit(Another great feature).

If you work in forestry we have a space for a PLB within the kits, locates you to 55m anywhere in the world if you have no mobile phone signal of your phone breaks down.

We also run courses on how to use the contents of these kits in an aerial rescue and forestry setting.

And last but not least, It's great to have an industry standard kit like Arb Aids, then everyone knows how to use the contents and where to find them in an emergency, no more toolbox talks about how to use the stuff you bought for your kit which know one has seen before, let alone used, HSE kits are just not cutting it in treework injuries.

Thanks for the kind words Dan Earp/Truncator :)

If anyone else would like more information about Arb Aids products and training please feel free to use the email address in the signature below, also check our our facebook page for up-to-date info about us and what we do, including great tree related info, injuries and training courses we've ran in the past.

Cheers

ArbAid_full_kit_with_PLB.jpg.459182dbc68c8ce7ee90a1641688bfeb.jpg

ArbAid_trauma_kit_and_HSE_Kit.jpg.dc2a956d419596ebb3f711732828a4a6.jpg

Hi SteveA,

Please send over an email to [email protected] for further info about our kits and industry specific training for tree workers.(Apologies for the website holding page at the moment and not being able to access the info you require, will be back up and running soon with a great new site)

To answers some comments about first aid kits for arborists/foresters-

Problem with buying your own case and filling it with any old products is, firstly you'll need to but from different suppliers so additional postage costs for each purchase. Testing each product is also recommended in this instance, so another additional cost if you are going to do it right.

The contents will not be laid out in any kind of order like Arb Aid's is, this will make the difference when an incident happens and you can't find what your looking for, time will be of the essence.

There is nothing in Arb Aid's kit that you wouldn't want/need, it has been developed by myself, 16 years in Arb so plenty of experience about what's needed, including many things which cannot be bought of the shelf as we have developed them specifically for arborist injuries - i.e. Finger bandage that actually works for nightmare silky cuts :)

We developed a txt refill service so your never out of stock, just send a txt and product code and you will get it sent out straight away, invoiced at the end of the month. All the products are listed on the back of the accident book within the kit(Another great feature).

If you work in forestry we have a space for a PLB within the kits, locates you to 55m anywhere in the world if you have no mobile phone signal of your phone breaks down.

We also run courses on how to use the contents of these kits in an aerial rescue and forestry setting.

And last but not least, It's great to have an industry standard kit like Arb Aids, then everyone knows how to use the contents and where to find them in an emergency, no more toolbox talks about how to use the stuff you bought for your kit which know one has seen before, let alone used, HSE kits are just not cutting it in treework injuries.

Thanks for the kind words Dan Earp/Truncator :)

If anyone else would like more information about Arb Aids products and training please feel free to use the email address in the signature below, also check our our facebook page for up-to-date info about us and what we do, including great tree related info, injuries and training courses we've ran in the past.

Cheers

Not a problem bud👍 i think its a great product and will look further into it when my 10man military pack is out of date lol

All the best

I have the Arb Aid kit, and it is as Greg describes.

Expensive? Not if it saves one life. It's a well thought out product that meets the very real needs and demands of our particular industry. I also carry a FFD and tourniquet in my pocket, just in case. The H&S kits are ok for the paper cuts you get from filling out risk assessments, that is it's the contents haven't spilled out in the truck because the case is so useless.

I know very little about pro first aid but what you've said makes good sense to me. Where's a good place to go for training? (South Wales).

Try Blaythorne at Glanusk near Crickhowell, 01873 810888. I done the 3 day first aid at work and I was so impressed I went back a year later and done the 5 day hostile enviroment medics course. http://www.blaythornegroup.com

Try Blaythorne at Glanusk near Crickhowell, 01873 810888. I done the 3 day first aid at work and I was so impressed I went back a year later and done the 5 day hostile enviroment medics course. Blaythorne Group – Consultancy | Training | Services | Equipment

Thankyou for this :thumbup:

Says they do....

Emergency First Aid at Work for Forestry

Price includes course fee with HSE Certification £75.00

Sounds a reasonable price.

Ideally i would like to find something similar to that a bit closer to home, in Pembrokeshire.

+ cheers, just sent you a message via your website Greig