Re General milling advice

New Boy

Hi All,

I am just starting out and want to ensure that i make the most of every piece of wood i cut, waste is something i hate so having looked at loads of the posts on milling i wonder if any of you guys would be good enough to guide a complete novice through the best way to approach milling with zero experience? I.E. should i try to ID a local mill (I am based in Hertfordshire) :biggrin:and leave it to them to produce milled wood or would you recommend the DIY approach, sadly i am currently addicted to utube on the subject of milling, hope its not just me!!!

Who would i sell such wood to and whats the general demand.

Sorry in a advance if this is an impossible question to ask you, i am sure that this would of been covered loads of times, just haven't seen the answers as yet!!

Thanks to all

Regards

New Boy

Hi i am new to milling myself what i can say is if you want to have a go a chainsaw mill the least expensive route to take but it all depends what you want to do and haw much money you have to spend £1500 should see you set up with an alaskan (Rob Dyer on hear is your man for that ) and a chainsaw you could ask around to see if anybody would let you have a day with them milling to see hoe you got on with it i am in dorset if you want to come down just P M me if we all help each other we will all get on better Cheers Mark