Cost of a report on some mature trees

urbandekay

Yes, recruits..:001_rolleyes:

Does your rate cover a climb to inspect the main forks? And pruning/support specifications?

No, that was just bench mark pricing, its starting to appear on websites so i just set mine at a price i can do, aerial inspections would cost more, two men, as you know, full spec would always be given within any report or survey, i try to simplify things, no harm in recommending an aerial inspection as part of say crown clean and report.? the days of big money are gone, every ones a tree surgeon , expert, !!! but when the 'do-do' hits the fan how many have actually got the qualifications and whats more important Professional Indemnity. Take a look and Google a bit, if you shop around you will be shocked at what you find. Its all for peanuts.

No, that was just bench mark pricing, its starting to appear on websites so i just set mine at a price i can do, aerial inspections would cost more, two men, as you know, full spec would always be given within any report or survey, i try to simplify things, no harm in recommending an aerial inspection as part of say crown clean and report.? the days of big money are gone, every ones a tree surgeon , expert, !!! but when the 'do-do' hits the fan how many have actually got the qualifications and whats more important Professional Indemnity. Take a look and Google a bit, if you shop around you will be shocked at what you find. Its all for peanuts.

That all makes sense. From a US perspective, I can climb alone with just the client there to call 911 (emergency svcs) per need, plus our insurance sounds more affordable--E&O is <$500USD/year. Glad to hear you include full specs. :thumbup:

Is pricing to match the 'cheapest' on Google a good business strategy? What is your time worth, how long will it take on site and what about back at the office? Desktop research etc.

That particular company has a report sitting on my desktop entitled 'no wonder their cheap.pdf'. Whenever i need inspiration i have a read through and a laugh.

Is pricing to match the 'cheapest' on Google a good business strategy? What is your time worth, how long will it take on site and what about back at the office? Desktop research etc.

That particular company has a report sitting on my desktop entitled 'no wonder their cheap.pdf'. Whenever i need inspiration i have a read through and a laugh.

Indeed. That particular company, for 5837 reports, is also rather more expensive than it first seems. After the nice cheap tree survey, the lpa then need an AIA, then a method statement and TreePP. All charged separately, soon adds up...