Stump grinding rates/productivity...

Ty Korrigan

Price it around what you know it would cost you to do with your HB20 (ie 5 hard days) and then hire a bigger machine for a couple of days instead. At least you then have a bit of leeway if you need to run on to an extra day's hire, or you can come back and finish off with your own machine if there is still some to do. Don't forget to allow for spare teeth with the hire machine - not from a hire charge perspective but for speed of work if you are using it yourself.

What he said.

Sent with my iPhone from me, to you!

Well now,

On our way back to the yard today, we got waved at by the head of parks and gardens for our town.

He followed us back to base and had a nose at our kit then offered us the chance to quote for 100+stumps in and around town.

He'd really like for us to get the work but I can feel he thinks our HB20 is a bit small and is sceptic about it's performance:confused1:

We'll do the quote anyway but we'll be up against a 4012D so outgunned there:blushing:

Ty

Chap,

I just know that if I bought a bigger machine the work would continue to come in.

I've the Bandit and Carlton info close to hand.

The 4012D seems a good solid prospect and the price is fair.

Really taken with the 2550XP although the price makes my eyes water.

A 35hp version could be more affordable if it was ever made, seems a big jump between the 27hp petrol hydro machine and the 44hp diesel hydro.

A jump that is almost double in price with nothing in between.

Oh I so do love shiny machines and the lovely money they make...:001_cool:

Ty

My first job with my rayco rg1631 was 90-100 fir stumps average 30 cm, all cut nice down. I was there from 8.00 to 18.00 and all stumps was done in one day. I dont rember the price for that job, but i charge 17.5 £ for a 40 cm stump. But if the stumps are spread all over the town, it can eat a lot of time going from stump to stump you need to get paid for too. When i buy a new one, i m going after wider swing instead of more horsepower, it is often the 1 meter swing is a limltation, in my opinion. Of course bigger engine AND bigger swing would be better :-)