Some French treasures.

Big Ben

Thought I would share some pictures I took over the last week, had a few days over at the old dears. The Correze has quite dramatic scenery compared to where we are in the Charente, and we came across some interesting stuff hiding in the woods.

11839479113_9656f99807.jpg

11840784715_45691842d1.jpg

11840780255_a8dc87b541.jpg

11841567636_4b086e2865.jpg

11841062223_ca3ffb3c14.jpg

11841564606_0e31153f4e.jpg

11841558426_fd15eb81e9.jpg

11841358095_d951f901d3.jpg

Turns out they were all part of the Abbey at Aubazine and as the other half loves her history think we will be going back to find out some more.

Hi

Some nice shots there, bit like the Lott valley which we often visit.

We are in the southern Vendee so not far away

N

The Lot is next to Correze, just south of Brive I believe. It is nice round there.

Yes your not far from us, practically neighbours if the size of France is anything to go by.

How is life out there?

Stayed in bellac last year, loved countryside but towns too depressing with all those closed shops .....

Think I need to be further south but open to suggestions

Life out here is great, know of quite a lot of expats who have moved back but they seem to be the ones who keep to their little groups of Brits. Its what you make it I guess.

Most French towns seem to have that deserted feeling, especially at lunch time when they are like ghost towns.

We live on the edge of town, but there seems to always be something going on, plus we have Angouleme 30mins north or Bordeaux 50mins south. Two big towns with plenty going on.