ATV's and Quads

Charlieh

• 4 weeks later...

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been coppicing some field-side hedgerow today, had a JCB teleporter to move the bulk of the timber out and push up the fire, (mmmm mackerel pan-fried for lunch) but the little atv with the brush fork came in handy fr the tight spots the JCB just couldnt work in, and the green elm isnt exactly the lightest to chuck about:biggrin:

IMG00252.jpg.922a2c433a93a2c11b5b37d9911f69e0.jpg

IMG00251.jpg.699360b876eb990664d64e812d7280da.jpg

• 2 months later...

Just bumping this thread for the newer members. Charlie, how are you finding the Cheng shin tyres now? Many users in this area complain of skittish handling. I've just fitted Titans up front, 6ply, and they handle well on and off road. Pic attached of the extra wide low pressure tire fitted to my trailer for extreme off road work, raised the trailier considerably giving better stump clearance. Been trying to find various other pics on forum to give an idea of mods I've made.

IMG00278.jpg.49e23977f337b77d772bd794116ae337.jpg

they are holding up very well, showing little signs of wear. They are ok on the road for slowish (sensible) use and have been fine in most conditions but in mud they just dont have the tread to get grip and they are to detailed a pattern to clear the mud quick enough,

Im tempted to get a set of kenda executioners/bearclaws for very muddy work and keep the others for summer use

nice trailer tires, my arch is on the standard 22x11x8's seems ok so far

• 1 year later...