cordwood

markus

I have found a Bulgarian company who sell 1m3 crated and stacked for €73 (approx £63 per m3) - I believe a stacked crate m3 is equivalent to 1.5m3 loose...can anyone confirm this ?

Therefore, by my working 1m3 of loose will cost circa £40 delivered to Felixstowe port. I need to add charges for import duty and collection from TW port, but a container takes 48m3 (stacked) apparently so approx 72m3 loose wood for £2,900.

If anyone has any contacts who can help with import costs and transport from the port it would be appreciated. Obviously high risk but could be worth a go if I can have it in the yard at £50-£55 per loose m3 ready to go and then sell at £90 per m3. = £35-£40 profit per m3, so could be a couple of grand in it. Unless I have got it completely wrong !!

I have found a Bulgarian company who sell 1m3 crated and stacked for €73 (approx £63 per m3) - I believe a stacked crate m3 is equivalent to 1.5m3 loose...can anyone confirm this ?

in my limited experience buying crates of split logs... I bought some 1m3 stacked crates, put the logs in to brand new 1m3 vented bags and there was basically 1 bag per crate. Would be worse if I'd put in to older bags that had stretched a bit more.

Therefore, by my working 1m3 of loose will cost circa £40 delivered to Felixstowe port. I need to add charges for import duty and collection from TW port, but a container takes 48m3 (stacked) apparently so approx 72m3 loose wood for £2,900.

If anyone has any contacts who can help with import costs and transport from the port it would be appreciated. Obviously high risk but could be worth a go if I can have it in the yard at £50-£55 per loose m3 ready to go and then sell at £90 per m3. = £35-£40 profit per m3, so could be a couple of grand in it. Unless I have got it completely wrong !!

1 cube stacked doesnt give you 1.5 cube loose. I have had a container of kiln dried through and it works out at 1.2 loose at most!

1 cube stacked doesnt give you 1.5 cube loose. I have had a container of kiln dried through and it works out at 1.2 loose at most!

Ah...thanks for the heads up. Could have been left red faced !! And out of pocket !! Any other ideas where I can buy some cord that I can process and sell ?