Is this of any use to anyone?

Anna

I cant believe she let it go for that price :scared1:

Thats as "Cheap as Chips" that is.

I cant belive it!!!

Is it already sold?!? I would have payed double that, picked it up and hauled it back to Sweden and sold it here and still made a profit.

Who was the buyer, can anyone help me to get in contact with him?

:ohmy:

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well looks like anna found a buyer, unless im mistaken the one in the picture below is hers, i saw it a local auction.....

£1750, better than a slap in the face!

Steve, I in no way want to insult your eyesight, but are you absoloutely sure it was Anna's. I mean £1750? Maybe it was stolen off her and sold without her knowing:scared1:. Has anyone asked her? I'm sure she must have had some inkling of its true worth? In the pic below I have played with the focus and hue of a photo i took of Anna's last month for posterity, maybe it is clear enough for you to compare.

Anyway- if it went for that why didn't you snap it up?

Note the colour on the wing! Quite distinctive. Any use?:001_smile:

The Auctioneer and I went to different schools together and she confirmed that it was bought by an anonymous buyer who is a well known collector of such models. When stood back to back they face each other as happens in them parts at midnight on a fine day and they can command a good price and are becoming very collectable amongst the right fraternity. As mine is only a '38 fitted with a narrowed Transit front axle I have bought a pup! Anyone come across this modification locally?

Spoke to Anna- she says that she was fully aware that it had been auctioned, and that she had let it go cheap at quite a high price and had given it away, as it was cluttering up the place and leaving stains all over her horse's meadow, so was glad to see the back of it. No accounting for taste. I didnt see this on ebay: , and this one wasn't in a private listing either:- . Thought about both of them for a while, but decided against it after having spoken to a well known. May regret the decision, but its better to regret something you have done than something you haven't.

• 2 weeks later...

I was contacted about the possibly sale of mine but I reckon that a later version would be of more interest to the buyer - perhaps like the enclosed photo. Anyone got a similar version. This was a library photo (the librarian didn't like me ripping it off the wall and running out!).