Throw yourself in front of the chain saw?

Sylvia

The FC website has a lot of good info on it, but is probably not that easy to use if you're not familiar with the grants system. I think the info will be in there, you might just have to dig a bit. It is a public register, so it should be accessible to the public. I think the formal language stems from it being a legal requirement for consultation to take place, so they must define the terms by which comments can be made.

The DEFRA site does look very good :thumbup1:, I couldn't find a Scottish equivalent, does anyone know of one?

As I recall the FC's remit is only to control the standing timber stocks of the country. If so, calling them when you see a tree being felled isn't going to go a long way in protecting trees. If they get an application for tree felling they have no remit whatsoever in deciding whether the trees should be retained in the interest of the amenity of the area. That would be the COuncil's job.

And just to complicate things, if trees are TPO'd already, and their removal requires a felling license because of the volume of timber involved, by a quirk of the law it is the FC that effectively decides the TPO issues instead of the Council.