Fuel up boys!

Lee Winger

I hear there is going to be a fuel blockade this weekend, I went to Morrisons today they were queing like mad for fuel, BP run out and so did Sainsburys..

I'm filled up, full tank in both trucks, 100 litres of red in cans and 30 litres of petrol in cans

Has anyone else heard about a fuel blockade? I was told trucks are going to bring London to a standstill on Saturday!

There is rumours of blockades and protests, most papers said it would be yesterday, They will catch people on the hop to be most effective.

I disagree about racing out and buying gallons and gallons of fuel, thats panic buying, if people just bought what they actually needed then chances are garages would not run out fuel at all.

Panic buying just causes grief to the general public IMO. It does nothing to inconvenience the fuel companies whatsoever. They know we need the fuel, and will pay whatever it takes to have fuel. People grizzle about paying £1.06/litre for petrol, yet happily guzzle drinking water in bottles for more than that, when its free from a tap. As far as the govt taking any notice, they may reduce the duty by a token amount, then just raise it in some other way, ie vat on something new. We, the public, can never beat the system.

The best way to protest about fuel prices is not to buy the stuff! Gordon Brown must be sat there laughing at all these people racing out to buy all the fuel they can, they are swelling his coffers nicely.

If we all stopped buying fuel for a week or two he'd start to worry as the amount of dosh entering the treasury plummets!

• 2 weeks later...
The best way to protest about fuel prices is not to buy the stuff! Gordon Brown must be sat there laughing at all these people racing out to buy all the fuel they can, they are swelling his coffers nicely.

If we all stopped buying fuel for a week or two he'd start to worry as the amount of dosh entering the treasury plummets!

youve hit the nail on the head, i laugh too at every body all qued up getting angry

:cussing::cussing::cussing::cussing:

if it comes to where you need fuel and there isnt any then the country will come to a standstill, and that time will be in 30 years...............