Cord auction price.

timberbear

its the same up here several idiots selling hardwood for beer money for as little as £50 a cube ,they have a fulltime job ,logs is there side line for cash us pros have a to pay tax every year they put it in tills in the local pubs they p!!!me 0ff.

Then join them. Simples :thumbup1:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I nipped up at the beginning of the week and the timber was still at stump, also found out there was going to be 10% sweet chestnut in it. I don't mind the larger stuff, I'd just ring it up and leave it for several months. Do you know who bought it, wondering if Woodgate sawmills bought it, they seem to buying everything else. I just refuse to be a busy fool!

I'm not sure but I think it was some one in the forest that had those lots there and the main of the large lots went to Till Hill(certainly wood).

certainly wood is my guess, I heard till hill had the go ahead on buying it at any cost, no hope for the small firewood merchants, we should all club to gether and out bid them next year:lol:

I think you might be onto something there, I'll stump up the money, but I haven't the time to sort out the cutting and extraction. Perhaps a co-op could be in the making! I've only got time to buy small standing lots but if a few cutter got together I'm sure we could do something.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

I think you might be onto something there, I'll stump up the money, but I haven't the time to sort out the cutting and extraction. Perhaps a co-op could be in the making! I've only got time to buy small standing lots but if a few cutter got together I'm sure we could do something.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

yep, i'm up for that, if we don't do something our days are numbered.

nr Hay on wye< you?

Three miles west of Chepstow, not far from the old Sudbrook paper mill. I've even thought of buying a commercial conifer plantation for reversion back to hardwood, using the softwood harvested to cover the costs. I've bid on standing FC/NRW parcels but there usually to large a contract for me to handle.