Thieves in Gloucestershire

Green man

A few weeks ago I posted about a break-in in a Gloucestershire tree surgeons yard where a very substantial quantity of Stihl equipment was taken.

The thieves returned on Friday night but were spotted by the security guard on the secure site before they reached the premises in question. They turned tail and fled before the guard was able to get the number plate but he did get a good look at the vehicle.

Please be on the lookout for a silver Subaru Forester. In this instance it was carrying a gang of four people, when it was seen on the camera last time there was only one person in the car.

Keep a close eye for car like this if the people seem to be taking a keen interest in your premises. If you are unlucky enough to see them hanging around your place, please take the registration number if possible and report it to the police immediately as it already associated to the earlier break-in.

Many thanks for taking the time to read this, I hope none of you have need for it!:thumbup1:

What with there being so many CCTV cameras scattered across the whole of the UK road network isn't it about time that the police put 1+1 together and thought "oh look, a silver subaru like that bloke just phoned us about, lets 'ave a look"

(assuming you called the police)

So many thefts yet so little action.....

A Silver Subaru forester and a silver legacy has been reported on Gloucestershire Oxfordshire border over the past month reg number is different every time on both cars They have been involved in a lot of crime from hare coursing, dog thefts, farm thefts. We did manage to pen the vehicle in a field one night but it took so long for the police to attend they managed to smash through a hedge and get away. I made a real fuss to Glos constabulary, my local MP even number 10 got a snotty email about the lack of police support for the rural community's. One thing I will say is if you see a suspicious vehicle or person hanging around REPORT IT!!!!!!! Don't just assume Someone else will, the police tend to prioritise so if more people report it the more chance we have of getting the police to make rural crime a priority REPORT IT!!!!

Rant over.

sadly, this is true:

I knew someone that locked a thief (who was planning on stealing his motorbike) inside his garage.

The police said they had to attend to other things that were of a higher priority, advising him to open the garage and let said thief go!

.....so he phoned them back a minute later and said "okay, i'm holding a carving knife from the kitchen and wanted to make sure you're on the phone while i open the door".... the police told him to leave the garage door shut and arrived 3 minutes later.

Rural theft doesn't seem to be much of a priority at the moment, but if you have to phone the police remember to tell them you are carrying a knife, axe, chainsaw, froe, etc!!

sadly, this is true:

I knew someone that locked a thief (who was planning on stealing his motorbike) inside his garage.

The police said they had to attend to other things that were of a higher priority, advising him to open the garage and let said thief go!

.....so he phoned them back a minute later and said "okay, i'm holding a carving knife from the kitchen and wanted to make sure you're on the phone while i open the door".... the police told him to leave the garage door shut and arrived 3 minutes later.

Rural theft doesn't seem to be much of a priority at the moment, but if you have to phone the police remember to tell them you are carrying a knife, axe, chainsaw, froe, etc!!

....or that the thief is armed. "Looks like they are carrying a knife / pistol"

That gets the coppers moving lol

I called the plod when someone was breaking in. They were completely uninterested until i dropped that into conversation... Cars screaming in from all directions with dogs and even chopper overhead!!

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Its endemic here in Surrey. Had a transit(from the roaming community) drive past the end of my drive the other day, ten year old kid on the passenger seat(lookout) not in school ofcourse, too valuable to the Faver.

He drove past slowly so I hid in the laurel hedging. Its quite remote here all the houses are in large detached plots so it would be obvious theres no house numbers.

He drove past again, kids antenna on full scan, then turned and came up the drive. I jumped out of the hedge and stopped him coming up the drive. I said who you after mate. He said OH, ER, ER, Im looking for number 46 mate. I said Yes Mate this is number 46 how can I help you. He said your a funny .unt and reversed out.

Gave police his number but there not bothered.

Had a digger stolen from here, also chainsaws, brushcutter, BMW car, mixer and so on. A few years ago now.

They work in gangs, one half follows you out from home or yard etc to whatever job your going to. The other half are on stand by waiting for the call to say your up a tree, down a drain etc. The bigger your job the longer theve got.

I check my mirrors all the time now to see if Im followed.

Theres not enough savy police out there, and I dont think they realise the emotional trauma self employed people suffer when they have their gear stolen.

I HATE em, and I mean, I HATE the scum!

We had pheasant poachers one night using catapults, I told the police operator that the poachers were armed, the police operator told me if she adds firearm into the system the chief of police gets woken up and all other incidents would lose priority the operator made the decision not to list it as firearm incident. At no point did I mention to the operator that they were armed with catapults so to play down a potential firearm incident was unbelievable.

Everybody blames the police but do you actually no how many officers are on duty in your area at any one time?? police response is always prioritised as there are so few officers actually working frontline.

If your interested you could write to your local constabulary and ask for the figures under the freedom of information act and then once you've picked yourself up of the floor you could write to your MP and air your views on the situation!!

Just as an example the theft that started this thread is in a policing area covering four towns Stroud/stonehouse/dursley and nailsworth it is geographically massive with it taking 20ish minutes to drive from one end to the other (on blue lights) if there are 5 officers on frontline duties on any shift then they are considered flush with staff!! 3 officers is more common, so you do the maths more than 3 jobs at once there are no more police!!

Sorry, I didnt mean I hate the Police, I meant the thieving lowlife.

I know a couple of Police that would love to sort things out the old fashioned way but thats out of the question nowdays.

When my car got stolen out of the garage there was minimul fuel in it(puposefully as it was only a summer car) only enough to splutter down to the nearest garage and theres only one for miles around.

I asked the police to check the cctv in the garage but they werent interested. "We would have to write in for permission sir"

When my digger got stolen I was sure it was the one on e bay, location? wandering community compound. Police said they would have to write to e bay for confimation of address. In all fairness they did write and did check it out but it took nearly three months so obviously my well cared for digger was long gone.

The scumbags know they will get away with it 99% of the time and the odd time they get caught is dialled in to their profit against their loss. A couple of months banged up is no hardship especially as we all pay for the board and lodgings.

....Police said they would have to write to e bay for confimation of address. In all fairness they did write and did check it out but it took nearly three months so obviously my well cared for digger was long gone

Yes, this tallies up with what ebay customer service told me, being something like:

It's up to ebayers to contact their local police about stolen goods, who can then investigate. The police can contact ebay to have items removed from sale on the site.

So i read that as, ebay dont police their own site for stolen goods, it's up to your local police!