Query

madclimber

Madclimber why not hook-up with a local experienced bloke for this job? you've got mattyf and Blue on here, and they aren't too far from you!

I'll give you a bit of advice! once you've got a name for being cheap it sticks! you'll work all your life for F-ALL i've seen plenty get know where in this game and on the same token i've seen blokes make a fortune.

Best of luck, i'd definatly consider brining in an experienced bloke for a job like this if I were you.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

90-120ft ash tres to reduce to 3 ft stumps, holy smoke they are some huge trees, are they forest grown or in groups to achieve such great height?

I've don't think i've ever seen a 90ft Ash, and i've felled some pretty big ones.

Did a load at a trust site last year, best we could manage was 5 a day leaving trunk on site, 2 were straight fells 3 were strip then fell. That was with a well oil'd 3 man team and chip left on site. Those trees average'd 60-75ft and were massive!

We did this on a day rate with a rough estimate on how many days it would take us, roughly £1500 a day. About £300 a tree approx

Total job must of been around £9000 or more?

i've seen 90' ash but never 90' macrocarpa, most trees over 100' get hit by lightning

Well I probably have but not more than a dozen together unless its a forest/clump and they've all competed for light, then they can be very tall and straight with relativly light crowns.

Maybe I underestimate heights, I do some pretty big tree work we use upto 18" chippers regular but a genuine 100ft is fairly rare. Usually Popular, Cedar, Wellingtonias, Dougie's, Lime and some Oak.

Based on limited light working hours now you would have to do say 7 hour days 1.6 trees an hour then take into account lunch and breaks tipping etc.

Me personally would allow a week get in some extra muscle to make it a nice job and put a nice price of around £ 4250 -£4500.

i can sit at home an earn sod all. Sounds like a really good job.

1.6 mature ash an hour :D

I personally am rubbish and putting a time to how long it will take me to do a job, thats a real skill to get right.

I priced a job removing Ivy from a house, I thought a day me on my own 250 would be enough,,,,,,, took me 3 days and 3 loads what a cock up that was.