Cutting next to powerlines

Climber85

Just out of interest to the domestic guys out there..... If you were to cut a tree next to a power line would you charge more and deem it more dangerous? Or charge the same rate as if it wernt there?

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

I would not charge any extra for tree work next to live power lines, though it may take a little longer to do.

I would not charge any extra for tree work next to live power lines, though it may take a little longer to do.

Cheers for the straight forward answer Mike, I was just interested in terms of what we get paid ect compared to domestic tree cutting

So perhaps your question would have been better phrased, do utility boys get paid more or less?

Maybe but I understand every job is different so wasn't wondering whether the bloke who owns the company was paying £100 a day for his climber, I was wondering if the bloke who owns the company would price the job different! It was just something I was thinking of so thought id ask

Maybe but I understand every job is different so wasn't wondering whether the bloke who owns the company was paying £100 a day for his climber, I was wondering if the bloke who owns the company would price the job different! It was just something I was thinking of so thought id ask

Utility is usually priced per span, lots of trees bad, few trees good.

Domestic is usually priced by the tree.

Utility is usually priced per span, lots of trees bad, few trees good.

Domestic is usually priced by the tree.

Yea as I'm a utility cutter I understand all that but it was the pricing per tree as a domestic cutter I was looking at, thanks

I take it you're talking about smaller firms who carry out work for the main contract holder? If so the price is generally dictated to them,ie they get paid a set amount per span. Unless carrying out ETR works where all the big side screen trees within striking distance are removed, this is priced up because you could be on one span all week. I'd say in my area the utility work generally pays a bit better but on the other hand overheads are higher too. Although I know other contractors in areas where domestic pays better.