how to footlock with a v.t

vduben

Hold your rope just above your VT and lock the tail. Just make sure your hitch locks when you transfer your weight onto it. Can be hard work, but still way easier than body thrusting in thin air.

I prefer to footlock up a double line then run my climbing line off that. Just clip a pulley or revolver into two alpine butterflys and anchor into that.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hold your rope just above your VT and lock the tail. Just make sure your hitch locks when you transfer your weight onto it.

just do that.thats how i do it if it's not to high a acent,then away you go straight away.but last time i tried to do that it didnt go quite to plan :blushing:

Hold your rope just above your VT and lock the tail. Just make sure your hitch locks when you transfer your weight onto it. Can be hard work, but still way easier than body thrusting in thin air.

I prefer to footlock up a double line then run my climbing line off that. Just clip a pulley or revolver into two alpine butterflys and anchor into that.

do ya mean a revolver into each alpine bro? if so its retrievable...

do ya mean a revolver into each alpine bro? if so its retrievable...

aaah man thats even better. Only got one revolver though. I think I got that trick from one of your threads in the first place. could probably just go through biner and revolver i guess. Thats so freeking obvious. Doh.

When you throwline up high just set an anchor line with a pulley containing your climbing line.Draw the pulley with the climbing line up and anchor it to the base with the anchor line.now your climbing off a pulley and it is easy to footlock off it with the vt and very little friction.

• 2 weeks later...
When you throwline up high just set an anchor line with a pulley containing your climbing line.Draw the pulley with the climbing line up and anchor it to the base with the anchor line.now your climbing off a pulley and it is easy to footlock off it with the vt and very little friction.

this is a shot of footlockin with an ascender with Vt on a pulley set with anchor line.....

59765414cfe1d_2006fairclimbimbingandpruningdemo014.jpg.55dd384c893493f3a6a24cdbeff46161.jpg

i'm not sure whats going on, on this site, but i feel like i've been cryogenically frozen and awoken sometime in the future. not being able to understand a trade i thought i was quite up to date with. the only problem being the sole climber i guess. all i can add to this is my basic knowledge.

don't footlock on a vt, it's slow, inefficient and tiring. only use a pantin, in this situation.

only footlock on a double line, the fastest method(if well practiced), in this situation.

on a srt crack out whatever preferred ascenders, grabs shiny things you have in your arsenal and get on with it.