Arborist looking for work (Swansea Area)

stevelucocq

• 3 weeks later...

what is it with the bosses of utility companys, there all wan*ers. I worked for Mid-Surrey, What a firm no insurance, MOt on the landrover cherry pickers and made to drive them, he would pick us up in the morning pissed from the nght before, made us spike up trees and then rope in - to save time,and when i cut my leg with the chainsaw they filled in the risk assesment on the bonnet and instead of taking me to a hospital in oxfordshire drove me back to Guildford in the back of a 110 sitting on all the crap in there! A good two hour drive and just dropped me of at the hospital door and drove off. I had only been out of college a few months and was young so they put me under pressure to tell the doctor for his notes that I did it in my back garden.

Not even a phone call that night to see how I was, turned up next day for work and got a bollokin for not brining my climbing kit.

2 Weeks before we did the exams for the G5 card of what ever it was we were given the exam paper with the answers filled in. where you ok?

Some one dropped a line in a phesent pen and elcctrophide the chicken wire an some one else felled a small tree on to the line and got a good belt. Also at the time another firm some ones arm went through the chipper.

We had one saw each wether we were up a tree or felling on the ground 020t.

This seems to be an all to familiar tale of some companies, I'm concerned that this sort of thing still goes on, for the safety of other people in the future, maybe a word with H&S may be in order. NO-one should ever feel pressurised into lying to protect the company, at least in this instance nobody was seriously injured, but how long before we have fatalities? And if you are not adequately trained, point this out to your supervisor/manager, likewise if the vehicle is not roadworthy, dont drive it. good luck Rentachimp, in the future.

What i forgot to mention was that one of the forman grew weed and sold it to most of the staff, not including me! although I did have a couple of puffs. Most of the guys smoked it all day long.

I worked for them nine years ago and haven't herd since of any bad accidents but fortunately I think that's just luck for the people working for them. One day there will be an big accident for someone working for a company like this.

I was told that if i didn't drive the 110 backfrom Cirencester to reading I would be f**king left there! so didnt have much of a choice and had only just passed my test. To make matters worse the 110 only had normal landy springs so the weight caused it to bob all over the place.