Fencing question...

woodpile

Hello chaps,

the situation is this. Part of my side fence is the rear fence of a housing association property. The fence had been leaning since the summer and on Monday blew partially down into my garden. I own the fence, however there is a question of blame as the (AHEM) ill young woman at the back of whose garden it is had been piling all sorts against the fence, including rotting planks, a rusty 'Compost heap' made of corrugated iron and full of grass, inch thick buddlea stems, bricks etc.

Yes, I'm getting on to enviromental health as rats have been seen, and yes, also contacted the housing assoc. No luck so far.

The fence is approx 15 metres of arris rail and feather edge, which for some reason has the 'good' side to my side. What's the best way to get it down?

I'm thinking saw through between obvious nailing points and take out in sections. I don't want to be sharpening chains all day nor am I too bothered about salvalging any of it, although if I can it would be nice.

Any one have any suggestions? It is leaning towards my working area at approx 40 degrees and don't forget I am working from th good side.

All help appreciated, thanks in advance :thumbup1:

Thanks a lot for the replies guys.

All valid, but we have been looking to replace the whole run to tie in with another new section I replaced in the summer, plus a nice existing section which I carefully worked out how to match to her indoors standards...

The 172 ish foot run is split by a lovely former hedgerow Oak and the fence level stem of a dead othe Oak. All beyond the dead Oak to the end of the run (Which is the fallen part) now look makeshift and K rap so I have no interest in standing it up etc although I may find a use for them.

The main point at the mo is that the rail side is inaccessible to me at the mo as a mad woman who doesn't own and has contributed to the demise of the fence is basically too mad to open her door or go out in daylight hours. I can reach the top rail from my side, just...

Also, on the rail side are the posts, covered in her K rap that I don't want to move...

I intend to replace with concrete posts and keep the spacing pleasing to the eye...

Thanks again for your input :thumbup:

Pictures, most of the time the rails and boards are usually okay and you could just replace the posts a couple of feet from the original ones

Here should be pictures. This is the side I can't currently work from to do £500 plus worth of materials only work @ my own home. Taken from another garden that sides on to the offending garden... The blue thing is a ten foot plus diameter trampoline all brambled into the ground, and there's lots of rusty iron and who only knows what else laying around. Also, this is not a paying job, but a costing me job...

20131030_095143.jpg.8b0dfb82d1adf37c5849145da04b5130.jpg

20131030_095219.jpg.a0de701cae304227b1b1ed1466629770.jpg

One more thing, on my side IE: Where it is leaning, the only thing holding it up is a small acacia which the neighbour has already mostly killed by cutting back to the boundary and all along the run are nice mature shrubs and two clematis, two of the shrubs are berberis, lovely when you can't see where your hands are going.:thumbdown:

Id take a load of pics and get on to the housing association and complain about her, see if they do anything.

Thanks Arborist, but it seems so far that they are mainly concerned with bums on seats in front of Jeremy Kyle at the mo.

Enviromental health have a lot more powers or so the CAB have told me...:thumbup1: