Nptc pa6

w00dy99

Hello Hope everyone is well.

I have been in the Green Keeping industry for at least 3 years now. i done my PA1 first to see if i could get through it because i do have dyslexia and didn't think i would pass the PA1, But i was wrong i did pass first go :001_smile:.

I have my PA6 next month and really worrying about, I would like everyone's experience on this what dose the NPTC examiner look for when he is testing you and is there a pass or fail percentage rate?

What sort of things will i learn on my training ect.

All Comments will be very appreciated

Tommy

Just follow what your instructor tells you and you will be fine.

Swot up on your calculations, nozzles, and everything covered in the course the night before and your examiner will see that you have put in the effort.

Just remember to practice what you have learned and don't spray until you are satisfied you understand the risks associated with using it (I have seen a lot of herbicide damage to trees)!

The advice I would give is to show the examiner that you are comfortable doing the test. Don't get too cocky mind !! I would also make sure you listen to his instructions as he might want you to do something in a slightly different order.

On my driving test I had gone through the routes so many times when it came to the test I was in auto pilot mode, came to the junction that I always turned right on, He said "now I would like you to take a left here.... " Followed by "your other left please". Still passed that one so if you think it is going bad (which it won't mate) just pause and take your time.

He/she will be looking for someone who is level headed and sensible and can carryout the tasks in a safe and steady manner. If in doubt I would ask the examiner to repeat an instruction if you are not sure. Also look interested to them.

On my PA6 test it was raining and had to do it in the shed. Coloured water, not real pesticide. was a bit of a curveball as I had the area outside well practiced.

The training will have everything you need to know and probably a lot more. Just don't wear a suit that is too tight and remember the gloves should be on.

Hope this helps and you should be fine, Frankie says relax!!!

Hello Hope everyone is well.

I have been in the Green Keeping industry for at least 3 years now. i done my PA1 first to see if i could get through it because i do have dyslexia and didn't think i would pass the PA1, But i was wrong i did pass first go :001_smile:.

I have my PA6 next month and really worrying about, I would like everyone's experience on this what dose the NPTC examiner look for when he is testing you and is there a pass or fail percentage rate?

What sort of things will i learn on my training ect.

All Comments will be very appreciated

Tommy

PA6 is easy enough, you've just gotta do a bit of maths, and keep an even speed when you walk.

What course you work on?

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Thank you all very appreciated.

I have been around all most out door shops I,E countrywide store and for some reason they don't sell the right PPE. which type of over all should i buy because there are all different types, Type 3,4,5,6? which would be the best glove to work with Butyl or nitrile? what would you guys recommend buying and where from?

Regards Tommy

type 4/5 they last a bit longer and nitral gloves also makesure you have your visor and whellies. and when mixing or doing anything with sprayer wear the lot. he or she will ask you what nozzels do and you have to do 100mtrs timed same back then fill a bucket timing it on the agregate of the two timesthat will give you your fill then will give you a course to spray as long as its within 5% you should be ok as long as they can see you know what you are doing should be fine you will learn it all on course before exam. if you can do the pa1 then can do the pa6

Thank you all very appreciated.

I have been around all most out door shops I,E countrywide store and for some reason they don't sell the right PPE. which type of over all should i buy because there are all different types, Type 3,4,5,6? which would be the best glove to work with Butyl or nitrile? what would you guys recommend buying and where from?

Regards Tommy

Make sure your nitrile gloves are NOT lined and they are at least 300mm long.