Best place to get old chainsaw

jackmayo

Looking to buy an old chainsaw, and by old I mean cheap!

I'm in college now so just want a saw to mess around with, it won't be used heavily. Want a stihl or husky rather than a cheap chinese one!

eBay is just too expensive and hard to try and find people local (Birmingham).

Where is the best place to get one as I only want to spend £50 - £100 and i may be lucky to get a working one for that!

What other places can you find them or does anyone have an old one lying around, even if it doesn't work?

If you dont ask!:biggrin:

Thanks

Jack Mitchell

For £50 you will get a non running old Husky and expect to spend out on a piston, carb kit, sprocket and bar/chain.

£100 may get you a running 136/141 Husky or 018/017 Stihl - thats about it.

I could sell you a saw for this money but it won't work as it is and that is pretty much what you will get - why not spend £150 and get a working saw - 345, MS210, 026 , 350 sort of thing?

Looking to buy an old chainsaw, and by old I mean cheap!

I'm in college now so just want a saw to mess around with, it won't be used heavily. Want a stihl or husky rather than a cheap chinese one!

eBay is just too expensive and hard to try and find people local (Birmingham).

Where is the best place to get one as I only want to spend £50 - £100 and i may be lucky to get a working one for that!

What other places can you find them or does anyone have an old one lying around, even if it doesn't work?

If you dont ask!:biggrin:

Thanks

Jack Mitchell

HI JACK I've a husky thats i got for dad new it not been used it as new not used at all yours for £120 thanks jon

Im going to go for a shameless plug and say we sell them at that price but free shipping:blushing:http://www.skylandequipment.com/machinery/chainsaws/husqvarna/husqvarna-236-chainsaw-14

BUT, I will also add that we have been using one for the last few months(still involved in the tree side of things) and TBH its not a bad saw.As long as you remember its not a £500 pro saw so not compare it to a 550/260 then its quite good.:001_smile:

If you could get a decent second hand pro saw at that price then I would go for that instead but otherwise you could do far worse than the 236.

Im going to go for a shameless plug and say we sell them at that price but free shipping:blushing:http://www.skylandequipment.com/machinery/chainsaws/husqvarna/husqvarna-236-chainsaw-14

BUT, I will also add that we have been using one for the last few months(still involved in the tree side of things) and TBH its not a bad saw.As long as you remember its not a £500 pro saw so not compare it to a 550/260 then its quite good.:001_smile:

If you could get a decent second hand pro saw at that price then I would go for that instead but otherwise you could do far worse than the 236.

Yea I saw it from you after I posted, will buy it after I save up the money to buy it!:thumbup::thumbup: