Road closure help

launchster

Hi, i've been asked to price for my first roadside job. I just wondered, who do i have to apply to and for what as far as finding out if stop/go boards will be enough or if traffic lights are needed? And to gain permission either way.

It seems silly as the tree is only 15ft and more ivy than tree, but it has fallen and is leaning against a phone pole. The other side of the phone pole is a busy road. I could guy line the tree and reduce it from the garden side, but obviously i cant take the risk of it going wrong and landing in the road.

Thanks in advance

Do it at a quiet time. Sounds like a bonsai job. Park your motor on the road where it may fall that should encourage you to get it right!

Joking aside I wouldn't want to bother with all the legal and regs for such a small tree. If you think you cant guarantee success, pass job on.

contact a traffic light company locally to you. they can get permission if you are unsure. Road closures can be anything from £700-1300 depending on the size and duration plus then the diversion routes needed for signage etc etc. Its very expensive to do.

How about, if its a 30mph, use a mewp, two guys with stop go boards, plenty of signage and cones, consult the little red book! Sensibly price the job, if the client says no then you dont look silly.

Thanks guys, yeah it does seem like alot of faff for such a small job. Think i will contact the council see what they suggest, and see if i can get a realistic solution from them,that they'd be happy with. Hopefully just stop/go boards. I'm happy to block a lane for a bit, its just this particular road it feels wrong,its busy and tight and just on a bend.

We used to set up in single lanes all the time when i was working in the borders, just feels like you're more in the way down in the built up south!

just get a lane closure (which is free), rather than a full road closure. This gives you working space up to the white line. Contact the Higways department of the council. Set of traffic lights around here is £220 per day all set up with chapter 8 kit.

Hi, where bouts are you in the uk? We are a TM company down south, so if you want any advice drop us a PM, id say same as above, lane closure with lights, if its on a bend stop / go can be dangerous, and with lights the TM company can hold on red for a few minutes at the most dangerous times!

Like i said PM me if you want any further advice or rough figures!

Lee