Start up loans

Dan Earp

O i understand bud, what kit i have i have earned for, what id like is the basic 4x4 and trailer. I can get a chipper cheap as and when i need it.

Ive never gone "cheap" just to get the work but have worked for what i think im worth. Ive been saving for a while now but im chomping at the bit to get going.

Hence why im asking the question.

I have been to Natwest but as you said they want a lot of cash upfront and was at a stuipd % rate

I don't think the RBL are still running the Be the Boss scheme, as they did spin up to meet the increased number leaving due to redundancy! Questions there ability to advise us... Anyway, I think there are still going which seem OK, but he rest of the package which looked really good has be frozen for the foreseeable future.

Anyway good luck keep us posted.

Mark

I hope they start up next month - I hadn't heard that. The business mentoring scheme could be really useful, probably better than the grant scheme. They offer loans anyway which had good rates, I don't know if you have looked into that, or indeed if they still offer them. Just try to avoid stopping in for a drink or you appear to age by 50 years immediately!

none of the banks want to help small business look at natwst and there advert meet your bank manager small print if your turnover is one mil plus.

do not have a manager any more just a centre which are so hard to get hold of have to go through there call centre. only way is on your own building up bit by bit and improving kit as you go along. not the best way as there is always some bit of kit you need but can not afford. so have to do what you can with the kit you have taken longer to do but still at rates that are competitive. as for so called backers who will help fund for a return on profits. not interested with tiny business. there should be help for the tiny ones. eg one man bands who work long hours on there own with help when they can afford it or need it. but tiny ones are not of interest to those who lend money at relistic rates.:thumbdown:

Aye hedge, the kit i own has all been new apart from a 260. I can go do a small pruning/ thinning etc job to 70" dismantles. Its just during those larger jobs cash is being spent else where when if i was to have the kit or veh itll be spent in my own little world or as an extra bit of profit to improve upset.

Anyways in the next coming weeks ill soon find out if help is available or just continue the slow road ahead lol

• 3 years later...