Best Saw advise

NickyG

Do you guys have the 545 over there? If so $100USD cheaper then the 550xp here. Same saw just detuned alittle. I would still take a 545 over a 346xp if I had a choice. That should tell how well it runs.

Minus crank stuffers, that's the whole difference

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry my friend, but that simply isn't the case - it weights at least the same. The specs state 4.9 kg for the 550xp, and 5.0 for the Echo.

Also the Echo 500 put out almost a full hp less power, and that isn't within what a muffler mod can "fix".

It does not weigh anywhere near the same. The 550 would have to weigh one entire pound less than the 346xp - which it doesn't

The Echo is nearly one pound lighter without the mm mod. With the mod it is an entire pound lighter. It also has plenty of power. The first time I hefted a CS500P, I thought I had mistakenly picked up a 40cc saw.

original.jpg

original.jpg

So the UK website is stating the saws are heavier and weaker than they actually are - that would be really odd?

... or are there substantially different Echo 500 models out there?

Yeah, cuz, Husqvarna never lies about their weights. Would you like to use my 13.6lb 372XPW with full wrap handle for limbing? Really, it's only 13.6 bs, nearly like a 262XP. ;)

As for power, come back to me when you use a 500P with a muff mod.

So, tell me Niko, are you only arguing with me here because some Indian dude hacked AS? ;)

Now, now, girls! If you're gonna argue, do it on AS! And yes, all saw manufacturers lie about power and weight, and probably a good many more things!

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Bit like sports bike specs . The latest kwazukiha weighs 4/5ths of not much ( dry weight ) No fuel , no oil no brake fluid etc etc ......

Yeah, cuz, Husqvarna never lies about their weights. Would you like to use my 13.6lb 372XPW with full wrap handle for limbing? Really, it's only 13.6 bs, nearly like a 262XP. ;)

As for power, come back to me when you use a 500P with a muff mod.

So, tell me Niko, are you only arguing with me here because some Indian dude hacked AS? ;)

No, I referred to UK specs, and wanted clearity regarding apparently different Echo 500 models. The conclusion seem the be that there are - and the better one isn't listed on the UK website. :001_smile:

That hacking didn't last long btw.:001_smile:

Hi if your looking for a small to medium saw try the Makita 43cc 325 chain the detail are below, as for stihl there crap, ive been using them for 20 years and they have gone backwards it tek,gy the Makita has a double vibration system that other don't and as for the price its cheaper to get it from Germany then the UK, stihl make the carbs in china and the quality has gone down hill, all of the problem I get with stihl stuff is carb problems,

MAKITA EA4300F-45C PETROL CHAINSAW 45cm Makita EA4300F Pe...

Member ID idealelectro | Feedback score of 2999 | 99.9% Get fast delivery and excellent service from eBay Top-rated sellers.

--

£399.99