agricultural tax class

carver si

all those years wearing tweed belly warmer knickers, made from camel and badger

I don't want to know how you've got close enough to determine the species the hair came from to fashion her knickers:scared1:

Jamie

• 4 weeks later...

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was told that to reg a vehicle as Ag, its best to be its 1st registration, they dont like transferring across types of registration for some reason. A small tip, make sure any VIN plate, chassis numbers and engine numbers are accessible to the inspector, if they cant find it they make a bit of a fuss (mine was behind the winch, visible but awkward to read) otherwise its quite a straightforward procedure.

So, has anyone been able to re-class to Ag?

Is there any specifics on the vehicle use, for instance is it possible to get a 110 defender tipper and get it reclassed on the basis it will be towing a chipper?:blink:

i used to drive an old 110 hardtop which was ag reg'd, so it must be do-able

it is for me mate, ha ha. all i know is when i bought my mog it was under a special vehicles tax, i just went into the post office, filled out the form, the wee old lady in the tweed skirt and half moon specs, just swirled her barley sugar sweet around her dentures, looked at me as if i was stuck to her shoe, said 'this cant be right, no charge' i did my especially inocent and thick smile, then she asked me' 6 months or 12?' ha ha, 12 will do just fine i said, i had never had a years road tax before. he he he he.

The way i understand it, if a landy for instance is put onto Ag taxation it can be used for the sole purposes of Agricultural operations.

Therefore so long as legislation it abided by, such as no private useage, white derv for works on the highway etc, you should end up with a vehicle that is more flexible and a little cheaper to run than one on such as PLG for instance.

Anyone know any facts otherwise?

Edited by 18 stoner