372xp big bore kit..do i or dont i.

wisecobandit

Some Walbros do a great job of metering with a larger venturi. The 372, and many 50cc and 40cc sized saws are nearly over carbed. Opening the venturi a bit will not lean the mixture out if you don;t go crazy. IE, some older Walbros simply had smaller venturis, but the exact same innards otherwise.

I wanna seque into another question. I was looking at jewelers grinders. ANyone use any of the ones on EBay? I was eyeing something like this:

Rotary Machine Flexible Shaft/Hanging Grinder & Buffer Come with 161pc Accessory | eBay

This is what ive been looking at mate, just haven't got the funds at the moment

Buy Axminster Heavy Duty Flexible Drive Unit from Axminster, fast delivery for the UK

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Personally I just use a Silverline Dremmel style powerhead with a flexible drive fitted to it. The whole thing came to under £20.00.

Nt sure why you need to spend loads on a relatively simple bit of kit:confused1:

This is mine - think the prices have gone up:lol:[ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/Silverline-249765-Watt-Hobby-Tool/dp/B000OODN8S[/ame]

Personally I just use a Silverline Dremmel style powerhead with a flexible drive fitted to it. The whole thing came to under £20.00.

Nt sure why you need to spend loads on a relatively simple bit of kit:confused1:

This is mine - think the prices have gone up:lol:http://www.amazon.co.uk/Silverline-249765-Watt-Hobby-Tool/dp/B000OODN8S

10,000 rpm the slowest, though? I sorta like the control slower rpms give ya. ;)

That's really my main reason for looking at the jewelers grinders. Unfortunately, it takes more power to run it reliably/usably at lower rpms.

This is mine - think the prices have gone up:lol:[ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/Silverline-249765-Watt-Hobby-Tool/dp/B000OODN8S[/ame]

Similar to what I have, only mine is 15-35k rpm

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

10,000 rpm the slowest, though? I sorta like the control slower rpms give ya. ;)

That's really my main reason for looking at the jewelers grinders. Unfortunately, it takes more power to run it reliably/usably at lower rpms.

That will be free running revs - once you hit the metal, that will drop right off unless on full tilt:thumbup:

Been pretty good for what I need out of it and damn good value IMO!

Well, a stone might work coz with the bottom gasket in on this particular BB kit, the blowdown is plenty long. I jis need to massage them a bit.

I was also looking at dentist contra angles. But they use a completely different set up. Once I get my shop set up, I will prolly get into one of these.