Predator 38

TTMC

I am at the end of my tether with my 9 month old 100 hour predator 38, brought bran new. What was sold to me as a design classic, has been nothing but heart ache from the day we brought it. We have had to replace 4 sets of belts in this time with the last set only doing 25 hours. It has been back to predator once already, due to the clutch bolt falling out! We have been told that there were some issues with the machine by predator, but i truly believe that there is a fundamental issue with this machine. Has anyone had any issues with the belts on this machine? The machine is on part finance, what is anybodies advice about getting out of this horrible situation. I need something to rely on. Any ideas guys. :confused13:

Sorry to hear all that, I just got rid of my newish 28, only had very low hrs and same sort of problems including electrical faults, regarding the belts, I just think that the wheel is far to aggressive for that grinder and that's why they keep blowing belts , really pleased I changed to another machine. Good luck.

Your first step is to talk to the supplier. If their worth dealing with then a mutually acceptable conclusion should be a discussion away. I don't think that the finance people will get involved as they only produced a solution to you acquiring a machine of your choice.

Cheers Jesse what did you go for?

Jo Beau 31-110 and since using it that's how i'v come to the conclusion that as well as the Predator being unreliable the reason why they all seem to chew up belts, blow clutches and wear out bearings so quickly is the cutter wheel concept , its too aggressive and with an inexperienced operator very easy to damage machines, I found the Jo-Beau to be a much more forgiving machine, Greenteeth 700 reds on it work really well and as they are set up if you are working it on manual a bit too hard the head instead of bogging , snapping a belt, or engaging the auto stop on the cutter wheel , it will sort of ride over the lump of wood, still chiselling, but with a little flexibility. Its very user friendly, and has an auto function as well. If you keep it when the warranty is up think about fitting a round balanced cutter wheel, with Greenteeth.

Your first step is to talk to the supplier. If their worth dealing with then a mutually acceptable conclusion should be a discussion away. I don't think that the finance people will get involved as they only produced a solution to you acquiring a machine of your choice.

If its on finance your in the best situation, you can tell the finance company its no good and they will sort the rest, Check it out for your easiest solution.