New Zealand Flights

farmer_ben

Planning a trip to NZ this AUtumn and need to book some flights asap really. Just wondering if anyone has any advice who to fly with etc, what route to take, stop overs etc. Going to be flying into Christchurch. Air New Zealnd seems good so far. Unfortunately we are doing this on a fairly tight budget!!

Whatever you do, break the journey up even if its just an overnight some place. flying straight through is a heroes work

Hong Kong is a great place to stop, get yourself a suit made, visit Stanley market, do the funicular railway up Victoria peak but whatever you do get off the plane and into a bed for a night or three.

Emirates all the way for me

Whatever you do, break the journey up even if its just an overnight some place. flying straight through is a heroes work

Hong Kong is a great place to stop, get yourself a suit made, visit Stanley market, do the funicular railway up Victoria peak but whatever you do get off the plane and into a bed for a night or three.

Emirates all the way for me

are stop overs a possibility on a budget? i had sort of ruled them out....got 4 weeks for the whole trip, originally thought stop over hong kong there and SAn Fran on the way back...any advice would be great :)

are stop overs a possibility on a budget? i had sort of ruled them out....got 4 weeks for the whole trip, originally thought stop over hong kong there and SAn Fran on the way back...any advice would be great :)

I thought that on exactly the same time scale, we are going back to NZ next year and trust me, I will NEVER go straight through again

I thought that on exactly the same time scale, we are going back to NZ next year and trust me, I will NEVER go straight through again

ok thanks for that, do you mind saying where you stopped and how long etc. was thinking of having 2 nights hotel in Christchurch when we get to NZ and the rest in a hired camper for as long as we can in that time scale!

dubai, vancouver, san Francisco, seattle, west coast of america, turkey, china, hong kong, abu dhabi, singapore there are a few more in the asia region, but you get the general idea, pick your favourite :-) but if you pay for a ticket to new zealand you have to stop of somewhere, so why not explore and pay the same price for a flight and discover what that place has to offer, rather than waiting in the departure lounge to continue your journey? just my option

Edited by Samuel

Going through LA immigration and passport control then collecting luggage before going through check in etc all over again is a real drag.

I tend to do the journey in 1 hit, ive done it 8 times now and never stopped over. I prefer to get there and then rest. I spent the day in Singapore once because I had 7 hrs to kill which was pretty cool. I think it took me 36 hours door to door last time. make sure you get your first flight in the evening and youll probably sleep 8 hours of it after a couple of in flight beers

ok thanks for that, do you mind saying where you stopped and how long etc. was thinking of having 2 nights hotel in Christchurch when we get to NZ and the rest in a hired camper for as long as we can in that time scale!

We went straight through on the way out and on the first leg I got lumbered with the smelly fat bloke in the next seat

On the way back the plane broke down in Singapore so we got a night in a hotel, food, bed, pool, the difference was like night and day.

When we landed in Auckland they chucked the camper keys at me and let me on my way, I was amazed since I had been on the go for 30 hours