Which camera are you climbers using?

jnoon

gopro hero 3 black edition, love it quality surpased my hopes which was high.

click on my website and goto the youtube link to see the quality of it. All filmed with the h3

windows movie maker crashes too much and i have a 3.8ghz 16ghz ram ?.

Do you mean GB? Think 3.8 is the speed 2 Giga bytes would be more than enough RAM.

Hello, glad you like them.

For starters if your posting to youtube a hero 2 is perfect, hero 3 is awesome but imo a hero 2 is plenty good enough.

imovie or movie maker depending on what type comp you have. These are great places to start.

I use final cut pro for the mac. Its movie grade (they edited the remake of true grit with it) I also use motion 5 and compressor 4.

It pays to compress your movie before you upload it to youtube as it cuts its load time down a lot.

Onto the camera a bit, get loads of extras, battery life is killer, i use the bacpak battery attachment, turn on and off between filming, keeps frames (film clips) short and many so when you edit its quick and easy rather then bladeing and trimming your way through 40mins of film.

I use a 16gb card but have loads of them, make sure its a class 10 as this is the highest quality of sd card, card reader is also good and some sd cards have them a s a freebie as such.

But most importantly have fun filming and editing.

Hope this helps

Ian

For starters if your posting to youtube a hero 2 is perfect, hero 3 is awesome but imo a hero 2 is plenty good enough.

imovie or movie maker depending on what type comp you have. These are great places to start.

I use final cut pro for the mac. Its movie grade (they edited the remake of true grit with it) I also use motion 5 and compressor 4.

It pays to compress your movie before you upload it to youtube as it cuts its load time down a lot.

Onto the camera a bit, get loads of extras, battery life is killer, i use the bacpak battery attachment, turn on and off between filming, keeps frames (film clips) short and many so when you edit its quick and easy rather then bladeing and trimming your way through 40mins of film.

I use a 16gb card but have loads of them, make sure its a class 10 as this is the highest quality of sd card, card reader is also good and some sd cards have them a s a freebie as such.

Hope this helps

Ian

HI IAN i must say seen some of your clips on the net and there very good mate keep up the good work mate jon :thumbup:

Hope this helps

Ian

Hi Ian, can I ask what computer your running. I presume it's a Mac, but what processor is it and how much ram do you run?

Hi Ian, can I ask what computer your running. I presume it's a Mac, but what processor is it and how much ram do you run?

just a 500gb imac, i do keep all my files on external drives so the computer can run at full power. This helps if your computer is running slow move the files out so its processor does less direct work.

HI IAN i must say seen some of your clips on the net and there very good mate keep up the good work mate jon :thumbup:

Cheers Jon, Now ive developed the new spider film rig we should get some great off stem filming. I've only put a test video up for Jack Price to see it on youtube,

• 2 weeks later...

Hope this helps

Ian

Thanks mate