throw line & bag??

kierangurney

i use a falteimer cube, harrison rockets and dynaglide. Dynaglide is good for hand throwing but only comes in 45m and its starting to look fluffy after only a few months, if i was gonna get another line it would be the petzl airline as its stiff, lightwieght, comes in 60m and looks like it would have less friction on the bark.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rubber mixed with metal is still hard.

We provide soft protectors than are the safest for use in the industry.

A ring is obtrusive this point is inarguable. Sorry I can't explain this more completely.

The stroking comment is meant in good fun. My apologies if it comes off badly.

Rubber mixed with metal is still hard.

We provide soft protectors than are the safest for use in the industry.

A ring is obtrusive this point is inarguable. Sorry I can't explain this more completely.

The stroking comment is meant in good fun. My apologies if it comes off badly.

Doesn't the long gun technique require a ring?

LongGun Technique is a just that, a technique.

Use whatever you like or is handy that the line can be applied to.

Ring, clip, shackle, snap, maillon rapide, bone from your nose etc. your choice.

The point is the ring is familiar, mimics the traditional ring and bag and is helping arbclimbers win the battle to get in the tree quickly and more accurately.

Basically a mash up of one and two hand technique. Here is the pic.

If you haven't tried this you should!:001_smile:

Edited by Steve Bullman

LongGun Technique is a just that, a technique.

Use whatever you like or is handy that the line can be applied to.

Ring, clip, shackle, snap, maillon rapide, bone from your nose etc. your choice.

The point is the ring is familiar, mimics the traditional ring and bag and is helping arbclimbers win the battle to get in the tree quickly and more accurately.

Basically a mash up of one and two hand technique. Here is the pic.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/RopeArmour/113201298749998?id=113201298749998&sk=info#!/photo.php?fbid=460317637371694&set=pb.113201298749998.-2207520000.1375444808.&type=3&theater

If you haven't tried this you should!:001_smile:

So how is the ring or whatever you use not obtrusive in this setup?

Ring obtrusive

Smaller ring, snap, maillon or whatever less obtrusive

RopeKnight smooth and easy. This means no ring or attachment point. Ropeknight recieves the line at the nose cone.

RopeKnight with FastAttach for longGun Technique moderately obtrusive because of the optional accessory that utilizes a ring or whatever you wish to use.

We only suggest FastAttach for those who refuse to let go of their traditional ring.

Many Arbclimbers using the RopeKnight go smooth and easy sans ring, we know the best and smoothest and easiest is to do an internal connection/knotless.

I should also explain that practiced hands can secure and free their line as fast as tieing and untieing knots.

Either way what ever you prefer just throwing my best at you to ponder.

I am knot saying my way is the best, it is the best for me as a self employed arbclimber in Canada.

Cheers

Knotless connection with no ring to jam you up!

BTw this is a pic of the 2nd and 3rd in its development, we added another radius to smooth over.

Edited by Steve Bullman
Removed insult

Ring obtrusive

Smaller ring, snap, maillon or whatever less obtrusive

RopeKnight smooth and easy. This means no ring or attachment point. Ropeknight recieves the line at the nose cone.

RopeKnight with FastAttach for longGun Technique moderately obtrusive because of the optional accessory that utilizes a ring or whatever you wish to use.

We only suggest FastAttach for those who refuse to let go of their traditional ring.

Many Arbclimbers using the RopeKnight go smooth and easy sans ring, we know the best and smoothest and easiest is to do an internal connection/knotless.

I should also explain that practiced hands can secure and free their line as fast as tieing and untieing knots.

Either way what ever you prefer just throwing my best at you to ponder.

I am knot saying my way is the best, it is the best for me as a self employed arbclimber in Canada.

Cheers

Knotless connection with no ring to jam you up!

BTw this is a pic of the 2nd and 3rd in its development, we added another radius to smooth over.

You might of edited this post but don't ever call me thick again

Girls girls! Yes you're both pretty but I think you should stop cyber-arm-wrestling about who's weight is best.

If this continues I'll take a photo of my weight and post it on here!

Although, it's not tree related, will earn me a lifetime ban and Mr Bulman may call the Cops!

😂😱

Sent with my iPhone from me, to you!

This sums up our take on the Throwpod "Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication" ~Leonardo DaVinci

As we have said we all have different ways of doing things - life would be pretty boring if we all wanted the same thing.

We are happy for our products to speak for themselves - shall we leave it there?