New to climbing .. Need advice

Drew87

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I'm too looking for my first rope for rec climbing! Done abit of tree climbing on rock climbing and abseiling ropes but now looking for a dedicated tree rope ... Have done abit of climbing with Goodleaf on the idle of wight and liked the yale xtc, seems to be a good hardwaring and affordable rope, but what length to go for ???? 25m and save abit of money for other toys, 37m seems middle of the road or 45m and some never gets used... I realise that a shorter rope would mean that you might have to change anchors when coming down, What do people recommend please .

Thanks

Hi

I'm too looking for my first rope for rec climbing! Done abit of tree climbing on rock climbing and abseiling ropes but now looking for a dedicated tree rope ... Have done abit of climbing with Goodleaf on the idle of wight and liked the yale xtc, seems to be a good hardwaring and affordable rope, but what length to go for ???? 25m and save abit of money for other toys, 37m seems middle of the road or 45m and some never gets used... I realise that a shorter rope would mean that you might have to change anchors when coming down, What do people recommend please .

Thanks

It all depends on what your Tree Size is. (Not many trees about now over 37m (120ft) .. 37m is a Good All Round Length .. 45-50+ Meter is bit of an overkill .. Plus weight of ropes when wet is another factor your gonna have to think about...& Rope Drying times if needed daily. Since getting my Yale Kerry .. The lads already commented arent far wrong .. Wicked strength durability and feels good in hand. I chose "SCORCHED" for High Visibility and also matches the rest of my Black & Orange Gear:thumbup1:

• 1 month later...