ms200t

simon@BGS

hey guys , last week i was doing a crown reduction on an oak tree, during the job i noticed my top handle saw was not running very wel (kept conking out) and was gettin louder. so wen i finished the job i noticed that the exhaust bolts were both missing. have bought new bolts and washers went to fit the new ones and noticed that 1 of the bolts from the exhaust has snapped in the engine. :-( not happy

has anyone got any solutions to my problem because i dont really wanna have to buy a new engine to be honest this machine has cost me quite a bit of money to get right already but has earnt me good money too.

cheers lads :-)

I have done a few now, as Rich says, try the stud extractor route and see if that works, don't break the extractor in the hole otherwise it will be a devil to remove being hardened.

If the thread is bad then helicoils effect a good repair and if it gets really bad then I have used inserts to good effect - 8mm tapped hole and screw in.

Got a few pictures on "whats on by bench" thread - it is best to remove the top handle and fuel tank to get to it!

where abouts are you located spud? just thinkin ahead if i cant sort it may need ur expertise to do it instead :-)

I am in North Herts, just off the A1m, if you get totally knackered, you can send kit through the post using one of the courier services - usually £10 each way.

One tip, bring the piston up to cover the exhaust port and stuff some tissue in the thing before drilling - it may get messy if you dont:blushing::lol:

hey guys , last week i was doing a crown reduction on an oak tree, during the job i noticed my top handle saw was not running very wel (kept conking out) and was gettin louder. so wen i finished the job i noticed that the exhaust bolts were both missing. have bought new bolts and washers went to fit the new ones and noticed that 1 of the bolts from the exhaust has snapped in the engine. :-( not happy

has anyone got any solutions to my problem because i dont really wanna have to buy a new engine to be honest this machine has cost me quite a bit of money to get right already but has earnt me good money too.

cheers lads :-)

just fix it with a modded ms201t :thumbup::001_rolleyes:

I am in North Herts, just off the A1m, if you get totally knackered, you can send kit through the post using one of the courier services - usually £10 each way.

One tip, bring the piston up to cover the exhaust port and stuff some tissue in the thing before drilling - it may get messy if you dont:blushing::lol:

:lol::lol::lol: could just see the next thread.....

Or just remove the pot altogether so its easier to hold or clamp in a vice.