Pics for spud

Rich2484

Looks like a Derbi/Aprilia kit if my memory serves me from doing my lads bike.

Spot on there man.

Exactly what it is.

From a malagati drakon. Hdk 50cc.

Having issues with not starting when hot. So bit like a saw was going for piston and cylinder. But the bike will bumb start instantly so not a lack of compression.

So going for starter circuit starving spark when turning over, so new battery on its way.

Just having a conflab with spud over pm yesterday to confirm or deny what I was thinking about it. With a bit of brainstorming thrown in aswell.

So some good guesses but I'm afraid its not some stinking great saw design. If it was it would more likely be a 500cc engine. :thumbup1:

Sorry to butt in, but this one bothers me.

Wouldn't the spark be generated by the flywheel and ignition module, rather than the battery? Or am I missing something? I have no knowledge of these engines, I admit.

A low batttery voltage would result in a low crank speed, thus a weak spark will be generated, and could also cause the starter motor windings to break down.

But the battery voltage and reserve capacity can easily be tested, and 'slaving' it should prove the problem as long as the starter motor is still OK.

A weak module would be my guess though.

Sorry to butt in, but this one bothers me.

Wouldn't the spark be generated by the flywheel and ignition module, rather than the battery? Or am I missing something? I have no knowledge of these engines, I admit.

A low batttery voltage would result in a low crank speed, thus a weak spark will be generated, and could also cause the starter motor windings to break down.

But the battery voltage and reserve capacity can easily be tested, and 'slaving' it should prove the problem as long as the starter motor is still OK.

A weak module would be my guess though.

Sorry Barrie. :blushing: really didn't mean not to include in this one. If arbtalk had a conference message option I would have done. :thumbup1:

Well. I will start form what I know so far.

The bike will start perfectly when cold in the morning. It will also run well and goes like stink. But after a trip to the shops a few miles away and stopping it for to do in shops when returned it will not start. But once cold will start again.

Once bumped it will start very easy. As in one turn of engine and away it goes. Drive it back again and stop it it will not start. But put a jump start on it and it will fire right up. So done a comp test and it was 90psi. This being hot or cold or with a teaspoon of oil down pot.

So with low comp I wouldn't expect it to not start easily when bumping or with a jump start on it.

There is no kick start on it to try it bypassing the starter motor.

So with the fact it starts easily with a bump or a jump that more or less rules out comp.

So all that's left it spark. The fuel is good and getting in there so not that.

The coil is electric coil.