Spraying tickets advise please

sasha.p

I am getting asked more and more do I do weed treatment and got asked by a customer today who's son runs a business locally and want their site maintained I know my local college do the spraying tickets but wanted to ask is there anything I need to learn before I head out and do the course is there any info that will help me or will they just teach me everything there ?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same as any course. They will teach you everything you need to know to pass the course.

But once past most things you will figure out or read the labels.

You normally have to take ppe to the course unless they state they provide it all.

It's a lot of years since I did mine, but would they allow a calculator?

I'm sure it could be argued that a calculator could be used out in the field in an every day situation, and really once you understand the formulas for correct calculation a ready reckoner would be much more reliable?

Edit; GTR beat me to it!

If they're allowed it should be easy sailing.

It's a lot of years since I did mine, but would they allow a calculator?

I'm sure it could be argued that a calculator could be used out in the field in an every day situation, and really once you understand the formulas for correct calculation a ready reckoner would be much more reliable?

They have to allow a calculator as even tho you may use a product for many years the rates can and do change. Health and safety and all that.

Plus calculators are in everything now. So you will always have one. Only thing I had to argue about was using the phone for its calculator while still wearing the gloves. So brought a cheap cheerful one and labeled it for use with chemicals only. This meant no using it without gloves. That way it stays contaminated where a phone will not be washed after.

Yeh, I get you but in what situation would you be wanting to work out volumes and rates with your gloves on?

Surely you would have that all worked out before you started handling the chemical?:confused1:

Yeah true. But it's always easy to forget something just as you pick up the bottle. Plus if you pick up an open container that someone else has used and you need to check the rates you have to have gloves on. So this means gloves on pickup and read container. Then gloves off then do it all and then gloves back on to mix up...... A lot of time spent.

And not forgetting getting the sprayer out and handling that without gloves on.... Just goes on and on and on.

Thanks for the info thats made me feel much less worried . I have my good moments and bad when it comes to maths I will get on to the college asap then what PPE will I need are the masks to a certain specification and overalls boots,gloves will I need a spray pack ?