Arb and Forestry show update.

Jonesie

Well the shows now only 3 weeks away so I thought an update was in order.

We now have 58 of the 68 plots taken so it's looking like it going to be a sell out. All the seminars are now ready and getting booked up now. So grab a slot and enjoy a bit of free learning/advice.

Seminars / workshops | F R Jones and Son

Don't forget if you preregister that you are coming you will get a free goodie bag on the way in. not bad for a free to enter show. Also you can book a camping slot here as well. Over 30 tents are booked so far and a lot of the exhibitors are staying around for the Friday night knees up. So if you have a tent get yourself down and have a laugh with the rest of us.:thumbup:

Registration and camping | F R Jones and Son

The ISA and the AA are doing some great things for the show, also our very own Arbtalk Nomadic’s will be there. I'll let them add to this on what they are doing for the show.

To let you see what you're getting I'll put up a few pics of previous years.

See you all there.:thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...
... Last time I used a tent, I struggled with the ridge bar
Ah, throw them into the air and as if by magic, a tent appears before your eyes. Just make sure to hold onto at least one corner, as even a slight breeze will see your new creation tumbling downwind across fields.

Struggling with the ridge pole is old hat. Struggling to twist it enough and get it back into its bag is now in vogue.

Note. Make sure it's been waterproofed before you use it, as unlike tents of old, modern tents don't come proofed from new. So if your particular tent has just been used in a garden on a sleep-over; it's unlikely to have been proofed. If you have to proof it, remember the groundsheet.

Notes cont.

The entrance flaps of these tents don't extend far from the tent. Certainly not enough to cook within. I've seen a number of tent fires in my time and had to deal with the aftermath of such. A pop-up tent has an average burn time of 5secs. You read that right. If you've not been camping in a while, it's worth saying...

Never change a gas canister, (not even self-sealing canister) in a confined space and never in a tent! Even if it's raining or the wind is howling.

Never prime or refuel a liquid stove or lantern in a confined space or in a tent!

Never change a canister or refuel in poor light conditions.

The above might seem obvious and I don't mean to insult your intelligence. But fire doesn't apologise after all you once held dear is gone. I once had to deal with three very unfortunate young lasses and find alternate shelter for two of them. They'd had a gas canister mishap. The thing misaligned on reconnection, flared liquid fuel and was then ignited. They panicked and threw the the still flaming canister outside. But since they had a wind-break right outside their five person rigid pole tent. The flame thrower bounced back inside. The burning fabric dripped on the sleeping bags and clotges. These also ignited, turning the tent into a large oven. As to the fate of the third lass, you don't want to know.

Edited by TGB

Well this is it, the final week and we are now on site and getting everything ready.

The now 5 year old bridge has once again come out of storage and been rebuilt, to get you from the car park to the show ground. :thumbup:

bridge.jpg.6a764bfe87efa63b308585b8d474e1d9.jpg

Half the pitches are cut out, and the rest are being done tomorrow.

It was hot today 34 in the shade, so most of us are a slight shade of red, and I've now got a built in V neck. :001_smile:

I'll get a few more pics tomorrow, to keep you all updated.

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1374652093.105039.jpg.851415df68fc49355d705b55d85722c3.jpg

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1374652117.525479.jpg.89824b646c92b4a73dfb07cba36245fd.jpg

Just a couple off pics of the show so far.

The backdrop of the arbtalk stand with the bails to stop the wayward axes.

And 4 of the marquees are now up and ready.

Get yourself down here its going to be a good one.