new set-up

mad matty

Looking at the pic mat. There is one thing. It doesn't look right to me but have you got the pulley load bearing? If the pulley fails its the only thing stopping the rope ends parting.

Sorry but to me it doesn't look right! Does anyone else feel the same, or see the same thing?

I thought you put the carabiners into the pulley. If the pulley fails on the bearing or comes apart then it's like you have 2 metal rigging plates holding it all together

It looks good to me.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought you put the carabiners into the pulley. If the pulley fails on the bearing or comes apart then it's like you have 2 metal rigging plates holding it all together

It looks good to me.

That was my thinking otherwise I would not let my 13 year old shadow (future apprentice) have a go?:thumbup1:

Ok. Mine is on a skywalker pulley aswell.

Just me worrying about the pulley metal failing then.

Looks good. I have tried a pantin before but foun footlocking worked better for me. Or a prussik as a foot loop and sliding it up then putting foot in it to lift body up.

Ok. Mine is on a skywalker pulley aswell.

Just me worrying about the pulley metal failing then.

Looks good. I have tried a pantin before but foun footlocking worked better for me. Or a prussik as a foot loop and sliding it up then putting foot in it to lift body up.

I find you need to be careful, with a pantin, that you don't pop your knee, check out your technique. It can be quite knackering but better than trying to pull yourself up 20m of rope :laugh1:

Yeah I tried one but just couldn't get on with it. The rope kept coming out, it was pulling the rope up with it. Just turned into more time spent sorting it than using it.

Footlocking is easy for me and it just worked. The prussik loop using as a foot loop worked great and I could see it could be used with spike on aswell. Plus when one leg gets tired just swap to the other. :thumbup:

But then I'm in no way a climber. Just tried it for some fun.

Yeah I tried one but just couldn't get on with it. The rope kept coming out, it was pulling the rope up with it. Just turned into more time spent sorting it than using it.

Footlocking is easy for me and it just worked. The prussik loop using as a foot loop worked great and I could see it could be used with spike on aswell. Plus when one leg gets tired just swap to the other. :thumbup:

But then I'm in no way a climber. Just tried it for some fun.

Sounds pretty good. Where do you attach the foot prussic to on the line.

I have the new improved pantin, it seems to keep itself where it should be.

Normally just below me. Is the loop but the knot is is about waist height. So when I lift up I can still reach it with my hand.

I saw it in a book the other half got me. Tree climbers companion. Had a lot of neat tricks in it.

This one, as you can see its had some use and reading. :thumbup:

image.jpg.12cfc5a3b440cb90ce014545e65a0146.jpg