Katz diesel

pro bros

Photo's? Preferably of engine/fuel pump? I don't think I've ever actually heard of Katz... If you are lucky they will have used a common pump/governor and you will be able to get it repaired, failing that it might just be a throw-away item - worst case is parts not available and you end up getting a new motor/mower... :sneaky2::thumbdown:

Can you tell us a little more about the symptons? Has the obvious been checked - fuel filter/tank vent/fuel lines/is there a banjo filter in a fitting somewhere that might be blocked/is there a tank-filter that might be blocked/could it be drawing air somewhere?

Tom

On Edit: Do you mean Hatz diesel? If so, parts will be no problem: http://www.hatzgb.co.uk/hatz-gb-spare-parts.html

and there are probably lots of small dealers around too. Hatz are good quality German equipment and have been around for a long time so you should have no problems if this is the case...

Edited by tommytopsoil
Just a thought...

If you are having trouble getting it fixed I have a plant and garden machinery workshop next to me in Glenrothes. I don't know whereabouts in Fife you guys are located but as I haven't seen your vehicles around the Glenrothes area before I presume you are not in the town. He fixes everything from chainsaws and strimmers to tractors etc and is very reasonably priced and an honest bloke. Highly recommended. Give me a phone and I will pass on his number and location. 07769703520.

Thanks mike we are in east fife and yes it is of course a hatz diesel . The symptoms are revs die down when blades engaged and won't recover you can adjust throttle cable to gain revs but when you shut off blades the engine revs it's nuts off. The local stiga agent says he thinks it could be diesel governor ? I have a spare engine so last night took out dodgy one which I still want to fix(future log splitter power unit being 11 hp)