SRT base anchors and rescue anchors

My simple gear void AR Basil. I don't use it anymore but it was a cheap start.

Munter/biner. The basil line used to be choked to the biner, just didn't do it for the pic back then.:001_rolleyes:

This is what I use.

Both those setups are lacking a safety margin. If for any reason the rescuer has to drop the

line mid rescue (bees/wild dogs/falling bits of tree), you're coming down fast!

Paul, your 8 looks fairly old. Is it rated and stamped as such?

How and where do you join the lines? Presumably it would be above the grigri?

yeh i use a re-threaded figure eight to retain as much of the mbs of the lines as possible, whilst backing them up with double fishermans just above the grigri.

Both those setups are lacking a safety margin. If for any reason the rescuer has to drop the

line mid rescue (bees/wild dogs/falling bits of tree), you're coming down fast!

Paul, your 8 looks fairly old. Is it rated and stamped as such?

Yes it's rated and LOLER'd. It's a trade off. If you have a friction device in there you have to tend it. This means you can't walk out to the drip line to assist a casualty who may be inverted.

Yes it's rated and LOLER'd. It's a trade off. If you have a friction device in there you have to tend it. This means you can't walk out to the drip line to assist a casualty who may be inverted.

Fair enough.

I think you've raised a very good point there. Two man team belay rescues could be something to think about.

Another emergency setup involving two lines. Hard tie your main rope in your normal fashion, I like using a choked ring. Tie two mid line knots or your choice with a good distance between them. In the event of an emergency, clip a lowering system into the bottom knot, and tie or mallion into the top knot. Sever the main line mid way between the two knots.

Obviously there are downsides to this method, using cutting equipment in close proximity to the system is never favourable. However, this is simple and uses no more than what should be in the most basic of climbing kits.

The rw is non essential, a figure 8 or Munter could be used in it's place.

1371840362829.jpg.892be88783f3ce1d7e32f8381908a56e.jpg

1371840336820.jpg.83da8cf36e4eda58aac9f2693d28c2e2.jpg