Interesting Biomechanics

David Humphries

it would be a serious project requiring much effort and time to do it justice, I know an artist who has the talent, but lacks self confidence and motivation to use his talents.

wastes his time with graffiti art, which is of the highest calibre, and not really a waste, just not worthy of his level of artistic ability.

perfect job for him then. I'm sure you could get him motivated Tony. Explain to him the importance of the project, of how his work can be used as an important tool in the education of the masses! Get to work on him sir!:001_smile:

perfect job for him then. I'm sure you could get him motivated Tony. Explain to him the importance of the project, of how his work can be used as an important tool in the education of the masses! Get to work on him sir!:001_smile:

Some folk are beyond help sean, no matter how much we try to help.

I wish i had the talent to draw i wish I could, then i would also do a gaia one showing the flush and decline of forest eco systems through the planets history, starting with the invasion and colonisation of the bare rock by lichenised fungi!:thumbup:

Some folk are beyond help sean, no matter how much we try to help.

I wish i had the talent to draw i wish I could, then i would also do a gaia one showing the flush and decline of forest eco systems through the planets history, starting with the invasion and colonisation of the bare rock by lichenised fungi!:thumbup:

Know what you mean mate....i know some great artists too but all they seem to draw is the dole....boom boom:biggrin:

Know what you mean mate....i know some great artists too but all they seem to draw is the dole....boom boom:biggrin:

There is no greater insult to "community" than to waste ones talents.

Something that both annoys me and makes me blue, to see those with such talents undervalue what is a god given blessing.

we all have a skill, some take all thier lives over discovering it, and others simply waste it.

• 3 weeks later...

The first three photos are obviously of the same tree. The fourth photo is with the twisted tree in the background. The foreground tree that is straight is same species and age.

The fifth photo is from a different location and hard to see but the trees are about 30 ft apart, each one rotating in a different direction.

Dave

The first three photos are obviously of the same tree. The fourth photo is with the twisted tree in the background. The foreground tree that is straight is same species and age.

The fifth photo is from a different location and hard to see but the trees are about 30 ft apart, each one rotating in a different direction.

Dave

Cool post, gotta love torsional growth. would be interesting to observe the prevaling winds and see what circumstances have caused the different loadings to force torsional growth in alternate directions.

:thumbup1:

Dave

Thanks for posting Dave, great shots.

Can't really get my head around the different tortional directions of the trees in the same locality.

Would of thought that slow wind load, would bear effect in the same direction over time.

Thought provoking post :thumbup1: